Live screening of the films in Fresno

I'd just like to throw in my .02 that at least two of the films will be mixed in 5.1 surround sound. So if a theatre is rented and and assuming one or both of those films makes the top ten (including others in 5.1) it would be great to hear the films in surround. Even so, it would be nice to screen the films in a theatre with at least a decent sound system.
 
Then, the theater would need to have Dolby encoders, correct? Would it then work to screen the films with surround sound without having to acquire Dolby licenses for these films?
 
Then, the theater would need to have Dolby encoders, correct? Would it then work to screen the films with surround sound without having to acquire Dolby licenses for these films?

Well yes and no You definitely need a license from Dolby for the Dolby Digital encoding on optical film, but I'm willing to bet that nobody is going to spend the extra money to print all of the shorts on film. I assumed that the movies were going to be burned onto DVD or even BluRay and then played out a projector, in which case I believe DVD Studio Pro can encode the 5.1 onto the DVD. The decoding would be done by the DVD player at the theater like watching any movie at home. The only problem is that I don't know how many professional theaters also have DVD projection.
 
Last edited:
I know there is one in Tulare, but I was actually just going to use my church's screen and speaker system. I have no idea if it can do dolby 5.1. I doubt it! Anyway, we wont be able to screen for the voting unless it's from the file that you upload, so it will be the compressed version. If you want to wait until after the voting, and people want to send me their footage, I'd be more than happy to put on an event, assuming I'll get all the permissions I need!
 
Back
Top