clarkage
Well-known member
Ok, a few questions about music in this fest...
1) I have a song by "Snow Patrol" that I was thinking on throwing on the ending credits. Can I do this? Or do I have to buy their rights in order to play it in my film's credits? (I don't think I can afford those rights...)
2) I found these ambient noises on a site named "Soundsnap" where people host up there sounds that they have made and you can download them. I have emailed the guy that made the sound I am looking at and he hasn't responded yet. So, I am getting anxious. Do I even need his permission? I mean, he is the one that posted it on an internet site where you download the files...
Am I taking this to far or is it a big deal? I just don't want my film to be shot out of the fest because I have a song that I didn't get the license for in the credits.
Thanks for all the help guys!
1) I have a song by "Snow Patrol" that I was thinking on throwing on the ending credits. Can I do this? Or do I have to buy their rights in order to play it in my film's credits? (I don't think I can afford those rights...)
2) I found these ambient noises on a site named "Soundsnap" where people host up there sounds that they have made and you can download them. I have emailed the guy that made the sound I am looking at and he hasn't responded yet. So, I am getting anxious. Do I even need his permission? I mean, he is the one that posted it on an internet site where you download the files...
Am I taking this to far or is it a big deal? I just don't want my film to be shot out of the fest because I have a song that I didn't get the license for in the credits.
Thanks for all the help guys!