Learn more about lens

Les is a cool guy, I've met him twice in person. I love me some Cooke lenses and bought a set last year. Read Jon Fauer's article that guides us through the Cooke factory. You'll learn some cool facts.
 
Ryan,

Do you recommend any books on lenses including anamorphic? a lot of people (like me) don't understand the difference in coatings and lens technology when it comes to digital sensors.
 
I wish there were books like that... something like a historical timeline of cinema lenses, kind of how KenRockwell does photography lenses. But to my knowledge there is nothing of the sort. My knowledge of lenses, optics and coatings comes from use and research. You can find out some great info by contacting the manufacturers of these lenses.
 
If you don't know about lens coatings and etc, that is a good place to start. If you are curious about cinema lenses and their specific characteristics, that really covers just photography lenses.
 
Back
Top