JVC GY-HM70 vs AG-AC8

demoboy

Well-known member
Hey guys. There was mention about the GY-HM70 in another thread and I'd like hear opinions on dof for its F1.2 in a small black room well lit setup.

I'm looking to buy a new cam for corporate videos and interviews, and perhaps documentary. I've seen videos of zooming techniques that DSLR's can't do as good. I need real smoothness. I have to decide on the value for a 21x vs 10x optical zoom. They're about a 200 dollar difference. The AG-AC8 comes with a 3 year warranty and newer.

thanks
 
I just finished shooting some tests with the JVC GY-HM70E. I added a Sigma Circular Polarizer and to my surprise with various good manual white balances I achieved some shots I could not get with the AG-AC8. At full 16x Dynamic zoom the JVC also achieves better color depth - for instance the green in trees - than the AG-AC8. I am more than sure it's because of the 12MP sensor and it being bigger than the other competitors at its price. Also the sound definition from the in-cam mics sound amazing! I'm surprised that this camera hasn't received more hype than the AG-AC8.

 
Back
Top