Just Got My DVX100A & I'm READY To Roll!!!!!

InkOnFilm

New member
What's up everybody?

My name's Donavan Johnson...I'm a director and screenwriter for my own film company called, Ink On Film Productions. I've been on this board just browsing for the past two months as I have awaited all of my film equipment to get here, and I chose the DVX100A as my first child. I've worked with the DVX100A through rentals, but, now that I have it, i want to know this baby inside and out. I've searched this forum almost everyday just learning, but now that I actually HAVE the camera, I don't even know where to start.

Can anybody give me some good links for places to learn my camera, what everything does, and how to achieve a very cinematic look with this camera (like the DVX Scene Settings thread). And also, if anybody can tell me what are some good lenses to get with the DVX100A to get that real cinematic look (Letus35?)

Well, thanks ahead of time. And I hope to have some work for you all to see very soon. Until then, check out and add my myspace:
www.myspace.com/inkonfilm

PEACE! :happy:
 
letus 35 wud be sick, i guesse the thread on the a is the same as b? 72?

ya EVERYONE says get barrys book, i gutta get that, any one who wants to sell me a copy, pm me...

for a cinematic look, the dvx dusnt offer it, obv, but u can get somewhat looks. i like to crush the blacks, that gives a little more look, go to your master ped, and bring it to like -5 or -8, and u can always bring your blacks down more in post.

yes, a lens is a must now i have figured out, for a more film look..

sgpro, brevis, letus35...check em out, im gunna get the letus 35 when i gather up some money

also, if ur shooting movies, bring ur detail level down to about -4, -5, cz then its not as sharp, and again, u get that "film" look closer and closer.....but ull never get a "real" film look with JUST the DVX
 
Thanks for the help so far ya'll! I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I figured you can't get the FILM look with a DV camera. But, I'm pretty nice in post-production, so i think i can pull it off there. BUT, i just want to know what i can do PRE-production, to get my footage in the best way possible.

Thanks guys! More more more more! lmao.
 
TBH I would much prefer to watch something from the standard DVX lens shot under optimal lighting and quality sound. I think many may agree. Thats what Id concentrate on. My 2c.
 
Cool! So...

Barry's DVD & Book
Maybe an Adapter...maybe not...
and 4 cents in my pocket.

Sounds like i'm a be good to go here soon! lmao!

Okay, can anybody give me any advice on changing the scene file to get a good indoor shot?
 
What's up everybody?


Can anybody give me some good links for places to learn my camera, what everything does, and how to achieve a very cinematic look with this camera (like the DVX Scene Settings thread). And also, if anybody can tell me what are some good lenses to get with the DVX100A to get that real cinematic look (Letus35?)

www.myspace.com/inkonfilm

PEACE! :happy:

Check out the stickys at the top of the dvx100 Technical Forum. I would print some of them.
 
Maybe an Adapter...maybe not...

I would stick with the "maybe not" for now. I've seen some very good stuff shot with the 35mm adapters, but that should be the absolute last item on the checklist after good sound/lighting equipment. That will mean far more than the 35mm adapter.

Also, if you decide to eventually go the 35 adapter route in the future, I wouldn't bother with the Anamorphic lens adapter either unless you REALLY want full resolution 16:9. Just know that the two are incompatible and to have widescreen with the adapter you have to do the Super 35 route (i.e. crop the picture in post to 16:9 or whatever ratio you want).

Just MY 2 cents. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top