Jib for under 400 bucks?

SGM

Active member
Can anyone recommend any jibs for $400 that goes well with our cameras? I'm hoping to buy a smooth jib and I see many ranging from 149 two at thousand dollars. Any links and samples?
 
Sorry mate, cant help with the question though someone will probably chime in soon. I just popped by to fix your thread title as it read "Job for under $400?" instead of "Jib...".
 
I just did some research on this very subject and purchased a proam 8' jib with 4' extension and a few other add on's. I spent more than $400 but if you stay around 8' you can easily be under $400. Their cranes will easily hold the weight of an FS700.

http://www.proamusa.com/Camera-Cranes-Jibs-s/275.htm

Check out some of the reviews here;

http://www.amazon.com/ProAm-DVC200-...UTF8&qid=1362759287&sr=8-1&keywords=crane+jib

They have a US phone number with real people who will take your order or troubleshoot. Anyways its worth checking out, cheers and good luck

Rob
 
Can anyone recommend any jibs for $400 that goes well with our cameras? I'm hoping to buy a smooth jib and I see many ranging from 149 two at thousand dollars. Any links and samples?

I decide to go Kessler Crane as it give me a chance to start from 8' Crane for only $500 :

KesslerCrane_9.jpg


and than ad extention and Key-Pod later:
KesslerCrane_10s.jpg


with KEY-POD it's much more STABLE !!

than I've got Extended Weight Bar and Rear Control Center :

KesslerCrane_17.jpg


KesslerCrane_19.jpg


... and finally I've got Shuttle Pod, which turn my Crane into 12' Slider!! -->

shuttle_pod_04.jpg


shuttle_pod_06.jpg


...next step will be to get a MOTOR for Shuttle Pod.. and finally to get Motor Head for the Crane :)

So.. with Kessler System you are able to start with MINIMUM, ....and add new stuff ...as money come into your pocket :)
 
I own the Trapezist mini jib ($ 399 over there I believe)... It gets a lot of use because it is light, fast to assemble and small enough to live in my tripod bag.
 
I decide to go Kessler Crane as it give me a chance to start from 8' Crane for only $500

So.. with Kessler System you are able to start with MINIMUM, ....and add new stuff ...as money come into your pocket :)
Have to admit that is a pretty cool system. I really like the way they set up the rear control system and the way you can use it as a slider is pretty brilliant. I may end up buying their slider rig sometime in the near future. It's looks pretty amazing if you want to set up some long slider shots.
 
I second the Glidshot. It's so good for the price. I got the 4 foot one and I love it. It uses bearings instead of nylon washers. Big difference in smoothness.

http://www.glideshot.com/products_camerajib.html

Here's a review

http://cheesycam.com/4-ft-jib-back-in-stock/

The Cheesycam video review sold me on this one. I do mostly documentary, and the kinds of shots that they are getting in this video are the only kinds of shots I'd ever use a crane for anyway. Seems like it can't be beat for $129.
 
Back
Top