Is there a LUT for the FS700 odyssey combo that matches the arri look?

Baddgsx

Well-known member
Hi friends,


I just saw that everyone loves the BERT LUT for the FS7 that really matches the ARRI look. Is there a LUT I can download that works that well? This would help me alot since grading is soo time consuming and Id love to either bake that LUT incamera if possible.

Thanks,
Chris
 
Actually getting the "ARRI" look is a bit of a misnomer, since there is a lot going on on the Alexa that can't simply be duplicated by a LUT. That being said, there are many filmic looking LUTs out there. Many seem to be based on the LC709A LUT, which is a stock LUT on the Odyssey. I don't know this for sure, but I think any LUT designed to convert SLOG 2 to REC709 would look quite similar on either camera, especially if you are using 4K RAW SLOG2 into the Odyssey.

Note, however, that the Odyssey currently can't burn in LUTs. It uses them for display only. This feature is supposed to come soon.
 
Actually getting the "ARRI" look is a bit of a misnomer, since there is a lot going on on the Alexa that can't simply be duplicated by a LUT. That being said, there are many filmic looking LUTs out there. Many seem to be based on the LC709A LUT, which is a stock LUT on the Odyssey. I don't know this for sure, but I think any LUT designed to convert SLOG 2 to REC709 would look quite similar on either camera, especially if you are using 4K RAW SLOG2 into the Odyssey.

Note, however, that the Odyssey currently can't burn in LUTs. It uses them for display only. This feature is supposed to come soon.

Actually LC709A is a Sony product-Low Contrast 709 Arri. C-D merely adapted this LUT to the O7Q. Furthermore, it matters not that you can't burn it into the O7Q recording. You can import this LUT to Resolve and apply it to files from the O7Q to achieve the same result.
 
Hi friends,


I just saw that everyone loves the BERT LUT for the FS7 that really matches the ARRI look. Is there a LUT I can download that works that well? This would help me alot since grading is soo time consuming and Id love to either bake that LUT incamera if possible.

Thanks,
Chris

Here try this one I made for slog1 to go to LC709A and see how you like it. To reduce any magenta just knock down the blue channel a little in the mid-tones. It will give nice results…

http://www.starcentral.ca/forums/LUTs/f35-slog-to-lc709A.cube
 
Back
Top