Is it too late

Hey, we're totally justified in calling it the AFX, because... X means "100" in ... well, not Roman numbers, I guess, but --- in DVX numbers! Yeah, that's it, DVXUser has its own numbering system, and in that numbering system, "X" = 100. So "AF-X" = shorthand for "AF-100", and ... yeah, that's the ticket.
 
I detect the salty scent of a mutiny aboard this happy ship!
I would really prefer we call her the AFX100, so it can be abbreviated.

For years, we've been saying "I shot it on a DVX" or "let's shoot it with the HVX"
Whether you're dropping the "100" or "200," it saves three syllables of conversational rhythm.

"AF" strikes me as too generic and easily misinterpreted for this kind of friendly shorthand.
"AFX" works.

In response to the original question, however, methinks it is too late.


Good point about conversational usage of the camera -- totally forgot about that!

"Wow, your footage looks awesome man!"
"Thanks, I shot it on the AF."
"Oh, you like auto focus too?!"
"Umm, no. The AF100. And do not mention auto focus to me ever again."
 
Back
Top