Ipod Commercial

So if you've been following the Apollo thread, you'll know that I've been playing around with 3d stuff lately. Yesterday I started toying with an ipod model along with a few other music-related models and decided to make a quick 15-20 second Ipod spot just for the heck of it.

Ipodwireframe.jpg


Here's a render/wireframe combo screen of what I was working with.

The music is "doorbell" by the White Stripes. I played around with like 15 or 20 different songs and had a heck of a time finding one that fit the time slot. I ended up having to speed the song up to like 102% and then I looped the lyric so I could end it on a beat.


View clip

Enjoy! :)
 
JZalutsky said:
yea, it doesnt look too smooth....but wow! for starting last week that was really impressive.

Thanks jzalutsky! What do you mean by it doesn't look too smooth? the transitions you mean? Thanks for checking it out :)
 
looks pretty good esp since u just started using the program last week.

speaking of IPOD commercials how do you think they did those new ipod nano spots?
http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/ads/
I'm guessing some 3d program for the trails? I'm pretty sure I know how to achieve the lighting.
 
Looks good, but the shot of the cord, the wire breaks up a little (maybe the compression, not sure). Nice job!
 
Nice work dude, I dig it, the 3D and transitions work for me, they all seem smooth... this could be an Ipod commercial.
 
Thanks guys!

Yeah, the trail thing on the new ipod commercials is really neat. I'd love to know how they did it.

As for my piece, I watched it again and I think the audio monitor bars are the weak point. There's some strange motion at the end with them, and the color choice was all wrong. I might just put a tint on it and make it a solid color. idk, it was just a quick thing I did to get some practice in and to take a break from apollo lol
 
Daniel,

Your image light and resolution makes hard a correct judgement, but you should looks the edges / bevels to get a realistic model, here is a reference of a 3D ipod render:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/19213726/

About the ipod trail, I believe the trails are 3D models following the hand movements with some deformations in compositing....

Ulisses
 
Last edited:
Back
Top