Interview Shots from a Corporate Project

Your posts from this project are very helpful Elton. Thanks!

Just curious, have you tried intercutting HDV footage with 5d footage? Even as a stylized 2nd camera (the way we used to shoot DV as a second camera to beta).

I am really curious how it cuts. Also, if I had to cut the two I wonder if I would down-convert the 5D to 1080i or up-convert the XHA1 to 1080p. :huh:

Thanks, as always!
I have just done a series of tests with the HVX200a, HMC150, HV30, and the 5D Mark II. All were with standard settings and there is a stark difference. The 5D Mark II is in another class above the others. Maybe if I spent some time adjusting settings, I could get the others closer without having to do a lot of correction in post.

Also, the 5D Mark II shoots at 30P, not 29.97 like the HMC150, HV30, and the HVX200A shoot. So one way or another you are going to have to convert your footage frame rates to match.
 
Countryman B6

Countryman B6

Hey there,

It's a countryman B6 - makes a big difference in quality IMHO.

Barlow's partner in crime,

Michael Schoenfeld
 
"It's a countryman B6 - makes a big difference in quality IMHO."

Hah - knew it. It actually makes the G2 worth it when you have a mic like that on it ;)

I'd love to tag along, Michael and Barlow next time you go play with this cam! ;)
 
Michael knows audio much better than me. I didn't realize it was a special lav mic.

Chenopup, maybe that can happen in the near future.
 
"It's a countryman B6 - makes a big difference in quality IMHO."

Hah - knew it. It actually makes the G2 worth it when you have a mic like that on it ;)

I'd love to tag along, Michael and Barlow next time you go play with this cam! ;)

so this is valid? Countryman b6 used with the G2? Is it as simple as buying the actual mic an just connecting to the G2 transmitters?
 
so this is valid? Countryman b6 used with the G2? Is it as simple as buying the actual mic an just connecting to the G2 transmitters?

Yup - You just buy the mic with the correct adapter for your wireless system. First thing I usually do when buying sub $1000 lav systems is to replace the mic. Not only that, the stock ones are usually too big for my personal liking.

cheno
 
Too big and kinda thin sounding if you ask me.

The B6 is a "rounder" sounding mic, but I think placement on your subject is equally important. Old recording adage; if you want to improve the sound your recording
1- move the mic
2- use a different mic
(In that order)

(My "other" mic is a Schoeps CMIT5) don't hate me.

Now that puppy sounds real round.

Chenopup,

Look me up - I'm pretty easy to find.

Michael Schoenfeld
 
Did you use the Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S and Nikon 85mm f/1.4D AF? Or?

What lens adapter have you found that you like?

A+++ on these grabs and clip!!!

Can't wait to see your final footage!
 
Yes to both lenses,

I also have and use a Zeiss ZF 50mm f1.4 (Zeiss for "Nikon" - the newly announced Canon Zeiss lenses have NO aperture ring)

Barlow and I have used the Brevis on the HVX - good, but nothing like the 5DII.

Michael Schoenfeld
 
Yes indeed the Zeiss ZF 50mm f1.4 is a bit expensive though!

Ouch!

$525.00++


I would think the Nikon 50mm f1.4 might be at least as good for $300.00?

Great job.

I like the footage and the stills and hope you can show the whole thing to us soon! :beer"
 
Yes to both lenses,

I also have and use a Zeiss ZF 50mm f1.4 (Zeiss for "Nikon" - the newly announced Canon Zeiss lenses have NO aperture ring)

Barlow and I have used the Brevis on the HVX - good, but nothing like the 5DII.

Michael Schoenfeld


Oh yeah.... what Nikon lens to Canon 5D MK II adapter are you using? :)
 
We went old school with a slate and an external audio recorder. Actually, we ran audio out of the Zoom H4 recorder and split it to both camera's inputs, but the quality of the Mark II's audio section isn't even close compared to the recorder.

Here's a crappy pic I snapped with my cell phone of our setup on one shot. Not exactly tidy looking, but the images and sound are amazing.

1235778225.jpg


Edit: Here's a sample from this interview on Vimeo. http://www.vimeo.com/3604357

...


It looks like you used the 85mm on the profile shot and the zoom on the frontal?

Do you know what ISO and Fstops you were shooting at?

What focal length did you have the zoom pushed into?
 
Just the opposite.

85mm on main headshot;p 17mm-35mm (at about 24mm) on the right - look at the LCD screens.

Michael Schoenfeld
 
Back
Top