I'm getting FS700! Any advice?

KMA_WWC

Well-known member
Greetings everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Finally I'm putting my budget together and going to order Sony FS700 next week! I'm really happy but I have a couple questions which I hoped could be answered here. Any input is highly appreciated!

So, I'm shooting a music video and filming a fashion photo shoot. I'm going to use FS700 on both projects and they both require slomo.
Music video will have different lights, I'm meant different colors. I know that slomo require a lot of lights and we will have it but again they will be colorful. So, my question is, will it work? Will I have flickering? Any advice on better slomo performance under that condition?

Fashion photo shoot will be done outside in the day light. Only photographer lighting and flashes. I will have only a couple reflectors. What do you think? Is it enough or I need to light it? I'm located at Santa Barbara an we are going to shoot it in the morning around 10-11am and whether here usually cloudy.

Thanks again for everyone in advance. I will think about more questions and add them later!
 
Slo Mo definitely needs a lot of light, but any time i've been outdoors it's been enough. In bright sunlight, if i remember right, i've had to use ND filter still.

I'd hate to be the guy who says it should be enough light and it turns out there isn't, so hopefully people who might have even more experience with it can chime in.
 
Thanks Chad! I hope we will get the sunny day! So, fashion photo shoot should not be a problem, I think. I'm still concern about the music video.
 
Do a Test. Always do a test. Never turn up on the day with a new un familiar camera and especially.. not having done a test.

Get the idea. :undecided

Good luck.
 
I will try to do as much as I can Shooter, I'm old FS100 user so, luckily I know where the buttons are :) but still at the same time I know that I have to learn the camera. The only problem it's time.
 
I will try to do as much as I can Shooter, I'm old user so, luckily I know where the buttons are :) but still at the same time I know that I have to learn the camera. The only problem it's time.

I have shot a lot of slo-mo with the FS700 and have not found the higher shutter speed to be a problem. With higher ISO available on the FS700 and little degradation of the image noticeable from the high ISO, the camera handles it perfectly. Read the 'FS700 180 Degree Shutter' thread on these pages regarding higher shutter speeds. They say is best to shoot 240fps @ 1/500 shutter speed, though I have shot @ 1/250.

Regards,
Scott
 
Back
Top