Ikonoskop Rental?

I have a red one for rent:
Swedish_fish.png


Sorry bad joke, I dont know anyone in the US who has one- if there is one Id love to know. Have you asked ikonoskop if they would rent one?
 
As far as I know, no one has one in the US. I just ordered one by depositing 10 percent of the final purchase. It is a little sweet cam....
 
It is a sweet looking little camera.
I had a deposit on one years ago when they first announced but have since pulled (I needed the cash)
According to Ikonoskop there is a l.a. rental house that is getting one soon. Can't wait to check it out.
The directors for this feature love the look of s16 and right now we're set up to use s16 lenses on a mx red in 2k.
Something like this makes way more sense to me.
 
The directors for this feature love the look of s16 and right now we're set up to use s16 lenses on a mx red in 2k.
Something like this makes way more sense to me.

What makes no sense is the Epic Light or Scarlet or whatever that thing is. Sounds like a bunch of promises with no real meat behind it. I think that this camera is much better than the Scarlet...regardless if it is only 1080p.
 
That footage looks great, although I wish that there were some skin tones in the shots and a bit more movement. Easy to make landscapes look good, but if that cam lives up to its promises I will be happy to rent one!
 
It is a sweet looking little camera.
I had a deposit on one years ago when they first announced but have since pulled (I needed the cash)
According to Ikonoskop there is a l.a. rental house that is getting one soon. Can't wait to check it out.
The directors for this feature love the look of s16 and right now we're set up to use s16 lenses on a mx red in 2k.
Something like this makes way more sense to me.

There is also this SI2K camera which uses S16mm lenses.
 
Just shoot super16 and tell the directors to stop being pussies : )

Windowed Red= gross.

Could probably shoot film for super cheap too (maybe cheaper than a digital camera rental if you play it right), grab an sr3 or xtr rental- shoot to edit- ect.
 
Last edited:
Seriously, my rental guy in Brooklyn can put together an SR1 S16 package for around 300 bucks! I need to put the short ends in my fridge to use.
 
Hunter,
Trust me, I wish. I have a Aaton xtr sitting on the shelf right now too.
Its just not in the cards for this one.
 
Your xtr probably cries it self to sleep every night : (
Im sorry to hear that.

What about something like an hpx(3100/3000) with some b4 primes? Maybe even an f900 with a pro-res recorder? Those 2/3" cameras still look sweet with the right lens and those kind of cameras can usually be found to rent cheap. (heck you can buy an f900 body on ebay for like $5k)
 
Back
Top