Ideas for upcoming contests (only "if")

John... what movie was that? Were you involved in the greenscreen and shooting of it?

I'm amazed at how good the screen works for the changing shades of green I see in the back ground!

I've got about a 4 year old machine which was the **** in it's day. A canopus raptor dv RT... and one of the particular strengths of this machine was supposed to be it's handling of green screen... well let's just say it's "okay"... but I dont' know if I could get keys that good.

So what's up with that? A little more story on it please!
 
haha that's sin city man. I highly doubt John was involved in that production, if he was, he's my new best friend.

He probably wasn't, because there was no 535 to be seen in the set of Sin City...

Okay, I'll stop being a smart ass... :)
 
Yeah, anything Robert R. does is guaranteed to be all digital. Can't believe you didn't know that was SIN CITY, MattinSTL! When you're not dealing with as much compression, you don't have to have the keys as perfect. I was on the set of FANTASTIC FOUR to see that bridge shot where the fire truck goes over the ede ... they had a MASSIVE blue screen in the background (all of this was outside), that had to be at least 50-60 feet tall, and 150-200 feet wide. Of course it wasn't perfectly lit, but it turned out insanely well.

dj200423, I've only tried blue screen once (went w/blue 'cuz I couldn't find the shade of green in the fabric I wanted at Walmart). In fact, you guys will see it as it's the opening shot of my short. Just got some blue felt fabric at Walmart, four cheap work lamps with slightly color corrected 100w bulbs. Key light on the talent, one as a fill, another as a back light, and the fourth on the screen itself. Wasn't ideal, but it turned out pretty convincing with some tweaking in Vegas. Can't wait for you al to see it & comment on it ... probably came out to be the highest production value of the film.
 
First of all Bob; I have to fire you if you told me to get you some coffee

Secondly; yes I am aware that RR shoots all digital; all the time
 
Oops sorry I didn't see "Sin City" yet... I was reading the back of the dvd box and it said something about an insane, homosexual priest trying to win the Iditarod with a team of wayward teenage boys...

Then again I was drinking heavily on my way to the video rental store... and I read the back of a lot of DVD boxes... so my memory may be failing. I think I ended up renting "Solaris" and within 15 minutes I sobered up and crushed my DVD player with the coffee table.
 
Back
Top