I wonder how the judging will go?

BLUESPIDER

DVXuser Ninja
Is it going to be the same like the previous contest or will this one have judges?

I have a feeling some films might even get to be viewd. I know some will just download the more popular anticipated films leaving the less anticipated un viewd.
?


Well, I guess if you want your film viewd, you better start promoting it!


ps:

I love this smiley. :nads:
 
the threaded ones are soooooooooooooooo good that I cant wait to watch them...however..if they are so good, i can only imagine what is going on with the rest of them...I ll try to watch as many as I can
 
I dont follow who you all find are the great filmmakers on this site so I will watch them all. Everyone gets a fair shake. It wont be until after viewing them all that I'll try to figure out who it was thatmade that Bone Hand flic from Herofest. Heck, I didnt even keep track to see who won.

No gods, unknowns or biased judging here. Each film judged as it is. (And if I dont watch themall, I wont submit the ballot.)

-GageFX
 
I try to watch as many as I can. And in fact, in the last go-round, one of the best ones in my eyes, did not even place. It was JimTheJib's Hero entry. A 17 old who shows great timing/editing/writing abilities.

Likewise, in Sci-Fest, I remember one that I don't think placed, but was a favorite of mine.

So yeah, now I know that if you take some time to watch them all, you find some gems that may not get the massive promotion.
 
I think that watching 90+ entries is something that you cant force people to do..if you gave me a dvd I would certainly watch everything in it...but 90+ downloads is something that will take time for me...time that I am not afraid to admit I dont have...it may take 1 week or 1 month...

Voting after you've seen all of the entries is something very noble and I would like to be able to do so....but to be honest...this never happens...not in elections. not in the oscars.not even when people vote for athletes...you NEVER get to see everybody or everything!! you try to do your best but like in sports...you always pay attention to the big names....I havent followed previous fests in dvxuser so I dont know who has been a constant runner xcept for a few guys like JDS...but from the threads I can see a lot...

I also believe that people who thread their movies pay more attention to the whole process of film making, like marketing, doing bts and SHARING bts...and I love the guys who do the threads because they SHARE ...the forums is for SHARING and TALKING....if a guy comes from nowhere to post a movie that is excellent in any way but hasnt shown any interest in other people's work even through a 'way to go man, looking forward for your submission' will not take my vote when compared with one of the guys in the threads...

This is not hollywood so people with threads do a noble marketing (movie master...lol...) and are not trying to 'sell' their product but rather share the experience...at least this is what I do....I love showing my stuff and hearing what people think...getting ideas by watching how other people work....

This is what a forum is all about and this contest is organised by a FORUM...otherwise it would be easy enough to do this www.horrorcontest.com and post it on google

PS. i am not trying to put you down Michael and I am not trying to start a 'who is the best forum-ist' conversation...I am just stating my POV on the subject mostly because you were kind of harsh in your first 2 sentences. I know that you busted your ass, everybody did...so suck it up and start a thread ;-)
 
Maybe it should go to a simple ranking as a whole film instead of ranking a number of different areas for a total score (assuming the voting is planned to be the same as last time). People could just sumbit there top 10 lists.

I'm definitely going to watch all of them, though!

John G.
 
???

???

Heres the thread I started before I saw this post
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=69816

I meant only that I was depressed because I just spend 8 hours (plus the other days ) in the heat trying to finnish my film and im not done yet (this is my first real attempt at making a film). I sat down to start my film pimping:) knowing full well I'm not as talented as allot of people here, but a least hoping it would get a look maybe some feedback too. Sometimes its hard to relay what your feeling in type. And maybe I was just a little tired. but any way all I meant was that it was depressing.

Hey on a brighter note this is my 100th post
 
Michael_Petro said:
Heres the thread I started before I saw this post
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=69816

I meant only that I was depressed because I just spend 8 hours (plus the other days ) in the heat trying to finnish my film and im not done yet (this is my first real attempt at making a film). I sat down to start my film pimping:) knowing full well I'm not as talented as allot of people here, but a least hoping it would get a look maybe some feedback too. Sometimes its hard to relay what your feeling in type. And maybe I was just a little tired. but any way all I meant was that it was depressing.

Hey on a brighter note this is my 100th post

Stay strong, brother. Just finish the film. If you make it time for the fest, that's great. If not, that's ok too. Just do it!

And if you get it into the fest, you bet that I'll watch it!


John G.
 
Hey man, no disrespect whatsoever for your effort and work here! I wanna make this clear. From all the threads so far, I can tell you I lead the worse (in terms of resources and talent) team. I don't even expect to be watched due to the high level of competition and the number of entries and because most people here know each other's work. I don't feel like an outcast but I don't feel like I'm quite there you know, with the rest of 'em. All I wanted from this...all I wanted since the day I said 'let's make stories into movies'..was to create...enjoy this on a personal level and then interact with others who share the same vision. Never did I expect to reach a high level but that is not why I am here. I am here because I love this forum, because I love the guys, because they give me a REASON to continue doing this when the going gets tough.

So about being depressed when you feel that you might not get a chance to get viewed a lot...well man....do you feel good when you watch it? That's what matters...I believe I've got like 10 people in my thread say something nice about my work...believe me...it meant more to me than if I knew that my movie was watched 1000 times...I want the feedback...so what if 1 million hits occur to your movie...dont you wanna know what ONE of them thinks?

If it wasnt for prizes wouldnt you still participate? Why would you do it then? For being part of it....not for the material reward...the reward can be Matt or Jack or Brandon saying 'hey man, looks good, loved the thing you did with the XXX'....
 
Well, this contest started just to get people off their asses and shoot something but now it seems like its becoming the focus. I guess putting up prizes like an HVX will make this more of just a straight contest now though. Yeah, so far the only one that won that I truely thought was "Texas Fortune", the rest I had other top picks that didn't place either. I feel that the majority of the boards like the high testoterone geared shorts and the ones with great stories but low flash don't get the recognition that they deserve. Our last short put that to the test. We actually said lets just make some cool **** to see how high it will place even though the story was disjointed it placed high. Go figure. Jimthejibs was top for the last contest for me also. He has shown the most improvment of everyone I have seen from his first short, everyone else just seem to move laterally. He has great potential and hope he continues film making.
 
MAYBE! A voting system should be created. That allows you to watch each film and vote on categories you liked or disliked on each film! BUT your votes will only count if you watch and vote for all films in the competition!!!! The winners would be automatically chosen from the person with most votes in any or all categories. In case of a draw THEN the moderators would judge the tie breaker!!! (AHHH I FIGURED IT OUT! thank you, thank you....don't applaud, just throw money!) :nads:

Uhh on second thought, who wants to put the moderators through all that trouble! I say just grab some popcorn, sit back, and try to be as fair as possible and watch as many as you can before casting your first random stone!:badputer:

AS FOR NOW!!! JUST BE READY TO SEE MY THREAD GO UP!!! THEN...................IT"S ON!!!!:kali: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
:costumed-smiley-047 GO VOTE FOOL!!!!
 
I'm dreading the download times of these films. I thought HeroFest was hell to finally download and watch them. Its like a big blockbuster movie. I'm the one that waits till all the hype calms down and I go to see it mid-week. By then, you've missed out on all the good comments, bad comments, and late at chiming your voice and opinion about the film.

I have to admit... I'm looking forward to some of these films just because I've seen them so many times here in the forums and because of their banners and PR work.

rock it.
/j
 
I am hoping they extend the voting period for two or three weeks, as it will take awhile to watch all films (which I plan to do)
 
I think it'll be interesting how many actually enter. I don't think it'll be anywhere near the 104 listed. In fact, I'd be surprised if there were 65 entries.
 
How many were there for Hero? Not nearly this many if I remember. (But I wasnt really paying attention.)

-GageFX
 
hero fest had very few wentries if i remeber correctly it wa like 15 or something.
 
Back
Top