I got to play with one today

Lighting wasn't great, but it's a trade show. That was my point. You guys did the best you could. The af100 is still awesome and I touched it.
 
How about you and I go 50/50 on an AF100 and we use it to shoot the unofficial sequel to Night Trap? :Drogar-Happy(DBG):

ummm I loved night trap. Dana Plato is dead though. Maybe we could get Lindsey Lohan. Do you remember Sewer Shark?
 
They should not have created an AF-100 thread until it comes out so all of this pointless speculation over looks and codecs and comparisons could wait until the finished product is actually out. Dino you're questioning a product that is clearly not a finished product.

Understood, I know what a pre-production model means. I just hadn't read other comments about seeing random noise in the AF100 in other posts, so thought it was worth bringing up. I had two freelance engineers who I hire often look at the cameras as well. I shoot primarily with our HPX2700, so I consider all Panasonic palmcorders to be a bit noisy, and try to stay in -3db as much as I can with the 2700. I fully expect the production models to look different/better.
 
Last edited:
They should not have created an AF-100 thread until it comes out so all of this pointless speculation over looks and codecs and comparisons could wait until the finished product is actually out.

Yeah then all these threads would be floating in other forums where they're not meant to be. People want to talk about it.
 
I think I'm gonna go with Nikon zooms. 17-35/ 2.8., 80-200/ 2.8 for B Roll and a Zeiss 50mm 1.8 for sit downs etc...
Now if I can just find a shoulder rig that isn't obnoxious and isn't 1/3 of the price of the cam!
 
I think I'm gonna go with Nikon zooms. 17-35/ 2.8., 80-200/ 2.8 for B Roll and a Zeiss 50mm 1.8 for sit downs etc...
Now if I can just find a shoulder rig that isn't obnoxious and isn't 1/3 of the price of the cam!

Talk about staying ON TOPIC!?... Did I just nod off and come back on a different page... or did this last post land here from one of the three dozen other threads where folks list lenses and mounts and stuff we want to get or have? ...it reminds me of the Twitter land or Text World where stream of conciousness and inane commentary rule... "I'm having breakfast"... "I'm pulling into my driveway now"....
Really? Fascinating!

Now where were we? "Fillmic".... "subjective"... Oh Yeah...
I think that we are talking about is an image that is "not videolike" or "flat"... an image that is strong and dynamic. What we love about this family of cameras is the ability to adjust the image (gamma, knee, etc.) to come up with a "look" that emulates our impression of "filmic". I don't think that for the majority of folks on this forum, the bar will be set at making a 35mm release print for theatres... it will be, for the most people, the next step in the evolution of HD Video that embodies the Panasonic Look that we all have come to know and love. In that respect, I have the confidence in working with a known entity... I know more or less what to expect from the "look" of the camera... it should look pretty much like what we've been used to only better.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top