HVX200 Cases and bags

Tom

Member
What does everyone use to protect and store their cameras? Is the 16X9 grab bag any good?
Thanks
--Tom
 
I use the Kata CCC-10-A. It's big but I have room for my HVX, wireless mic transmitters and receivers, handheld mic, 25' mic cable, headphones, screw drivers, fisheye lens, lens filters, extra tapes, batteries, lens cloth, hand wipes, HVX instructions and a shotgun mic attached to the camera. My goal was to get all of these things in one go-bag withoout having to move anything to get to stuff.

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=357&cid=65&perentId=1&ProdLine=1
 
Ditto with Pelican 1600

P335-1034COUT.jpg
 
I use the Kata CCC-10-A. It's big but I have room for my HVX, wireless mic transmitters and receivers, handheld mic, 25' mic cable, headphones, screw drivers, fisheye lens, lens filters, extra tapes, batteries, lens cloth, hand wipes, HVX instructions and a shotgun mic attached to the camera. My goal was to get all of these things in one go-bag withoout having to move anything to get to stuff.

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=357&cid=65&perentId=1&ProdLine=1

The CC-10-A is a really nice bag. There have been some folks that like the Kata CC-193 too. It's a bit smaller, yet you can still fit the camera with a smaller matte box mounted.

Best regards,

Andrew Hoffman
Senior Operations Manager
Specialized Communications Corp.
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
800-359-1858
301-790-0103
Fax: 301-790-0173
andrewh@spec-comm.com
www.spec-comm.com

Please visit our new online store at ( http://www.spec-comm.com/store ). New products being added daily!
 
Tom,

I am still on the lookout for the perfect bag.

I currently use these three for different situations: Ogio Ty Video 2 backpack, Burton 29L Zoom Pack, and Lowe Pro A/W Road Runner.

The Ogio is the closest to perfect for my needs; its roomy, stable, and fits a laptop. The straps are only so-so.

-andrew
 
The Ogio Ty Video 2 seems to be the best all around backpack bag. Very multi purpose. You can fit 2 full camera setups in it, with a laptop, among other things. The straps are ok, but I never had issues with the camera or other things bouncing around, as long as you put everythign in there well. Great price on the Ogio Ty 2 also!
 
I use a Porta Brace DVO-2U.

I got it with the idea of having not just a camera bag, but a camera/laptop bag and it has worked out great with the space.
 
1650 but would love to also have a bag for run and gun, that Ogio looks mighty sexy but no way for a lens adapter or course so the Kata might be good for those with one... run and gun with lens adapter is only for the crazy though so 1650 + Ogio would be a perfect setup IMO
 
Grab a im2500 storm case (hard case) and a Kata 207 (backpack) and you never have to worry about a baggage handler's sweaty hands ever touching your camera.
 
Storm 2975, Pelican 1600, 16x9 grab and shoot and Petrol backpack for me - a case for every situation.
 
Tom,

I am still on the lookout for the perfect bag.

I currently use these three for different situations: Ogio Ty Video 2 backpack, Burton 29L Zoom Pack, and Lowe Pro A/W Road Runner.

The Ogio is the closest to perfect for my needs; its roomy, stable, and fits a laptop. The straps are only so-so.

-andrew

hey andrew,

look into the Dakine Reload bag. its 47L and pretty much just a big rectangle but with good tripod support (i run 755b legs and it works good).

and you won't be crushing it of have to put it on its side like in the zoom bag.
http://dakine.com/sport-packs/photo/reload/
 
I followed another thread in here about just this subject and ended up ordering a Kata MC-61 (which comes with a free dolly for the bag) from B&H.
The bag's in the mail, I'll comment more when I actually get my hands on it.
My dealer told me the 16x9 small bag is one of the best, but he couldnt get one for at least a week or two.
I have a HVX200/mattebox plus accessories.
Good Luck!
 
Back
Top