HVP170 720/24pN slow mo

Jay Rodriguez

Coffee Member
Playing around with the camera today. Quick slow mo shot.

HERE, no CC

HERE, with a little CC

It was shot at 720/24pN and I changed the frame rate setting to 60 frames.

Anyone care to explain this to me? If I shoot in 24pN mode but change the frame rate to 60, is this still 24pN or is it now 60p or 60i?
 
Last edited:
yo jay, before I go off saling my a1s, can you tell me since you had the a1, do you feel the hpx surpasses the a1 in quality and filmic motion over the canon a1?
 
keep posting footage am almost sold ,I might have to pass on the EX1,and save 1,300 bucks
I like the slow motion .
I might have to make a trip across the bridge , plus I have some music videos coming up would be nice to use this camera .
it comes with a 16g p2 card right ?
 
I'm sold. thanks j. I'm at the point that there is a reason the hpx costs $2000 more than the a1s. canon a1s coming to a market place near you.
 
Good stuff Jay. I just got the HPX myself but wont have a chance to shoot with it until tomorrow. What shutter speed were you using for those slow motion shots? Thanks!
 
yo jay, before I go off saling my a1s, can you tell me since you had the a1, do you feel the hpx surpasses the a1 in quality and filmic motion over the canon a1?


Same here. I just sold my A1 and was looking to get either the HPX 170 or the HMC150. I really like that the look of the 170. But I like the storage costs of the 150. :)
 
So your footage is shot 720/24pN and in your NLE you changed the framerate to 60? And by change do you mean you put your 24pN clip into a 59.97 sequence?
 
anthony, yes it comes with a 16gb P2 card

reem, i now know exactly why the a1 was so much less then the hvx and still the hpx.

lukewarn, hmm, if i remember correctly the shutter speed was at 1/60. how does that theory work again? Isn't it something like, the higher the shutter speed the better slow mo or something like that?

hazard, no in the camera u can change the frame rate to 60. I think it works like this: when setting the cam to 720/24pN and then setting a seperate setting in cam to 60 frames, it'll record 60 frames per second but play then back in a 23.98 timeline in a 24p fashion. I think! i'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing... I just know it looks awesome! lol
 
Ok, just got a confimration from Barry:

Barry_Green said:
Your understanding is correct. It's a 24fps file, it was recorded into 24fps and it plays back at 24fps (well, technically 23.976 of course). But it will show up as slow mo because the camera generated 60 frames per second, and the camera tags the file to play back at 24fps.

Thanks again Barry! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top