How to shoot 2.35:1 with the Sony EX1

sephirothguitar

New member
Hello all, I would like to shoot 2.35:1 with my EX1 but I have a few questions. I know That I will have to use a mask in post, but how do i get the guidelines in diopter and on the monitor? Anyone ever done this?
 
People usually just dutch-tape the LCD or you can print guidelines on foil..

The another way is to use anamorphic lens and de-squeez in the post..
 
If it matters, it's 2.40 (2.39 exactly).

2.35 has been dead since the 70's. Dvd's are wrong. Most films advertised by dvd's to be the original aspect ratio of 2.35 were actually shot 2.40.

Not a big deal, just fyi.
 
But they may be on DVD as 2.35:1.

But are they? I don't know if they just clinging to old lingo, or if they actually scan 2.40 films (2.39) as 2.35....


I would assume the lingo is wrong. I really would hate to think they would go out of their way to chop off a slight amount of the picture to conform to a ratio used... 23 years before DVD's were even invented. :)
 
Last edited:
scope was originally 2.35 , and then they started to use the whole film so it got changed to 2.39 and ext audio.
 
Back
Top