How many DVXs have been sold worldwide?

I know a similar question was asked here some time ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again in hopes that someone may have more information.

I'm working on a business plan for some DVX and HVX related products and am having difficulty figuring out how large the potential market is.

It would also be great to have some estimates of some of the other cameras in this category.

Thanks,
Steve
 
Information like that is usually kept pretty private. Companies [like Panasonic] do not want competition knowing such things.
 
dakotapod said:
Information like that is usually kept pretty private. Companies [like Panasonic] do not want competition knowing such things.

Yeah, I was hoping to triangulate or estimate somehow, maybe from distributors, sales of other products, etc.

Even something to the nearest order of magnitude would be useful.
 
I think any number you get will be at best a guess and way off. But maybe someone has an educated guess...
 
Just found this link claiming that Sony has sold some 60,000 of their HDR-HC1s. Consumer grade, but at least it's one data point!

Any more clues out there?
 
Back
Top