Horrorfest 2006 Cliche's

Cynic821

Carbonite Member
In watching a majority so far Ive noticed many repeating themes , makes it hard to sit through a bunch in one shot... anyone else noticing the reecuring stuff, if so list it.

Heres one of mine.

No Ending:

Ends in a question or in the middle of action. Some may say it leaves you wanting more, but a festival isnt a platform for that in my opinion.
 
mm... I've noticed, but I don't always mind it ending in a question... depends on how it's presented IMO.
 
Ends in a question or in the middle of action. Some may say it leaves you wanting more, but a festival isnt a platform for that in my opinion.

Maybe not, but a 6 minute limit is.... :)
 
i've seen a lot of sinks and people washing/splashing. lol. Apparently sinks are horrific, but i guess there really isn't any other way to get blood off.
 
I can tell you what I HAVEN'T seen enough of - naked women. I was expecting WAY more naked women.
 
Lingothree said:
I can tell you what I HAVEN'T seen enough of - naked women. I was expecting WAY more naked women.

sorry, i honestly tried though. we worked with what actors we could get in such short notice.
 
Lingothree said:
I can tell you what I HAVEN'T seen enough of - naked women. I was expecting WAY more naked women.

I wasn't ready to have a naked woman in my movie. The closest I got was a nice girl in a bikini ("clothing optional"), getting in the pool. I thought that was pretty cliche'.
 
"MEAT" has a hot ALMOST naked woman... doing the nasty no less...

...and single piano notes, which I'm hearing on a lot of the shorts.
 
Cynic, man I love the fact you speak your mind straight up. It's refreshing.

So to avoid the cliche, we went with no blood, knives, torture, or sinks in my film. The proponderance of such leads me to believe 'horror' was interpreted fairly strictly.

I ended my film where I did (you might call it early, or abrubt) because it is supposed to make you wonder what did happen. I had a "greek chorus" ending all ready to go, and remembered "never underestimate your audience" so I left you to decide.

Good movies can be like books and let the imagination take over.

No problem!
 
People who seem like they're trying to make The Ring 84. Can we get rid of the overly stylized crap already? It's starting to feel like an arthouse (or outhouse) in here.
 
Back
Top