Help on "MultiCam" sequence

I'm needing some help with multicam, so if you think you can make my life a little easier...chime in. Here's my situation....

I'm essentially looking to do a 3 cam "multi cam" sequence with one camera... let me explain.

I've created a 1920 x 1080 sequence with 2 audio tracks and 2 video layers. (I call this sequence 1920 CENTER)
Vid layer 1 is a green screen "News set" backdrop.
Vid layer 2 is 2 people at a desk with a green screen backing (this is shot at UHD and shrunk down 50% so both are visible in the 1920 timeline, color corrected and ultra keyed so everything looks nice, audio adjusted etc. )

I then created another 2 sequences called 1920 LEFT and 1920 RIGHT . I copied the vid layer 1 and 2 from the CENTER sequence (which was already color corrected and ultra keyed) and just scaled the backdrop and the UHD green screen layers
so they were correctly scaled. (effectively giving me a center 2 shot, left shot, and right shot)

Now comes the editing... 25 minute show so I'm trying to save myself some time editing by just doing some type of multi cam setup...

This is where I lose it... Should I be nesting something? Creating a new sequence called Multy something? How do I get these 3 sequences so I can just bang on the "1. 2, 3 " keys to make cuts back and forth to 2 shot , left shot, right shot?

Please help the first time multicam bonehead...
 
I'm interested in the answer to your question too. My initial thought is that multicam is based on nesting single video tracks, not nested sequences, but I'd love to be wrong about that.
 
the way I have done it is in the clip bin group select all of the Clips/timelines and right click and select create multicam, then go to the wrench Icon in the viewer and change to multicam view. I think what you may have to do because you are all in one timeline, is render each layer to a new timeline. but I could be wrong. this is just based on my limited experience with a concert vid I shot with a multicam setup.
 
You can do what spgreen65 mentions or you can simply create a fourth sequence and layer your other three sequences on top of each other in that fourth sequence.

You won't be able to just bang on 1, 2, 3, but you can always use the shortcut for adding a cut (or adding a marker and cutting later) as the video plays. I do a decent amount of multi-cam editing and the built-in MC setup doesn't always work for the footage I was given (long story, separate rant) so I create twice as many tracks in my sequence as needed. The top half of the tracks have their visibility turned off so if I am cutting with 4 cameras and want to use the camera 1 shot, camera 2-4 are moved up to the hidden area. It also makes it non-destructive so if the producer comes back and says they want to see a different angle at a certain time, I can just drag that camera angle down to be visible and move the original angle up so its hidden.

See image below for more clarity if my explanation sucked.

Iu4zIEm.jpg
 
Thanks guys, I figured it out. I ended up just selecting the 3 sequences and treating then as clips instead of sequences. Select the sequence with the audio you want to use first, then cont click the other 2 sequences, right click , new seq from clips, multicam and boom. 1 single layer on the timeline. select the multicam icon in the program window and boom ... program window splits in to a normal window and a 4 clip window (only 3 with content in my case) just hit spacebar and 1 2 3 key cut to each cam. ;-)
 
I've no real experience with green screen, but I have cut a multicam using a single 4k camera in a 1080 sequence. I just duplicated the clip in the Multicam Source sequence, scaled it back up to 100% and reframed the shot.
 
Back
Top