HELP! AGC is BLUE in menu and therefore "Locked "

jamestmather

Well-known member
Hi there,

(Apols if this has been posted but I conducted a search and found nothing about) it.

I have turned off everything on the auto menu, however, the camera seems to hgave locked the AGC setting to 6db (its BLUE) - I'm on P2 - 720p - Film Camera - auto switch (on side of cam) is set to ON -

Any ideas?
 
Yeah -- you are using a framerate less than 22fps or 1/15 shutter speed. If those conditions are met, gain is fixed at 0db (see page 39 of the manual).

PS: Download the PDF version of the manual from HERE. Having an electronic version makes it trivial to search for "AGC" and get answers fast.
 
thx for response -

unless I'm missing something

FILM CAM
FRAME RATE default
syncro scan 180.0d

What am I missing?
 
For future sufferers of this condition - AGC locks in BLUE when you turn off AUTO IRIS in the sme menu - (Although given that its blue i'm not sure if it's off - or on)

SOLUTION : Switch ON Auto Iris, change gain to OFF and then turn off Auto Iris again
 
Blue means it's not available or applicable. Unfortunately, there is no mention of this little tidbit in the manual.

The camera will always show you the last setting that was used, but that may not be what is currently used. AGC is a prime example -- it may show a gain value in blue when in fact the camera has it fixed at 0db because of other recording options.

The procedure of turning Auto Iris on, changing the gain, and turning Auto Iris off again does absolutely nothing, it's purely a cosmetic effect on what's shown in the menu, nothing else.
 
Back
Top