How well do you think the new JVC will function as a DV camera? Okay, there are cheaper options, but for me the camera's form factor, manual lens, and native 16:9 chips all (potentially) place it ahead of the DVX100 (and given its lighter weight, better balance, LCD and non-scifi looks, the XL2 to boot). I know there is a huge price difference between the JVC and the DVX, but the resale value on the HD100 may be a lot greater too in a couple of years when I'll actually be ready to go HD (ie: when P2, HD monitors etc have dropped in price, I can afford to upgrade my NLE system, and the market has matured). And just maybe the HDV option will prove attractive too.
The only downsides I can see in terms of shooting SD on the HD100 are the relative lack of wide angle on the standard lens (which could be overcome with a teleconverter), and the fact that its CCDs are optimised for 720p (I'm not a techl expert, so I don't know if this would have any baring on its SD performance).
Am I missing something, or would this not make a great DV camera, albeit an expensive option?
The only downsides I can see in terms of shooting SD on the HD100 are the relative lack of wide angle on the standard lens (which could be overcome with a teleconverter), and the fact that its CCDs are optimised for 720p (I'm not a techl expert, so I don't know if this would have any baring on its SD performance).
Am I missing something, or would this not make a great DV camera, albeit an expensive option?