Has to be a scam, RED mx cams Dont sell for 2,600 dollars. something fishy going on!!

maranfilms

Veteran
So im looking around ebay for a used Red one/w MX upgrade. And I come accross this listing, but then a few down I see another, same style of font, and all. But from a different state and member name. I'm guessing this is either a scam or stolen. Either way, Buyer BEWARE. Sometimes you can't put a price on piece of mind. But there's always a gullable joe thats willing to take the chance to save some dough. Then we hear about it on dvxuser:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-ONE-MX-...705695?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item20cbf3cb9f
 
It is highly suspect.

The person has a transaction count of 0. Then there is this, which spells trouble. They don't want you to bid on it. They want you to call them and buy it outside of ebay.

scaled.php
 
Yeah, there's something very fishy with this listing, I was first thinking it might be a price to rent it for a month or so. But it specifically says "hy dear buyer" so I assume it's not for rental. Either way, it could be fun to mess with them. I'm willing to bet they say " wire transfer to Nigeria".
 
Just report it to eBay.

Any time you see that "Contact me outside of eBay" post it is obviously a scam.
 
Its sad we live in a world where people sit around and think of new ways to steal honest hard working peoples money. It always has been and always will be, as long as people get away with it.
 
I was surfing the internet recently and found this website.

http://gspwb.info/about_us.html

The prices for the video gears like Redrock and Zacuto are way below market price.

Is this a scam? They advertised payment by PP/credit but when i try to checkout, they will send you an email with instructions to wire transfer the money to them. The email also says that Paypal is only for 2nd transaction onwards. I reply them about Paypal payment but never got a reply.
 
Is this a scam? They advertised payment by PP/credit but when i try to checkout, they will send you an email with instructions to wire transfer the money to them. The email also says that Paypal is only for 2nd transaction onwards. I reply them about Paypal payment but never got a reply.

You really think there's a chance it's not a scam?
 
Is it for a rental? I see a couple RED ONE MX packages for like $1,200, but they are rental packages. That makes sense.
 
I was surfing the internet recently and found this website.

http://gspwb.info/about_us.html

The prices for the video gears like Redrock and Zacuto are way below market price.

Is this a scam? They advertised payment by PP/credit but when i try to checkout, they will send you an email with instructions to wire transfer the money to them. The email also says that Paypal is only for 2nd transaction onwards. I reply them about Paypal payment but never got a reply.
I never wire my money to strangers, period. Nor do I write a check, or pay using my bank account when I Paypal.

ALWAYS use a credit card, even when paying through Paypal. This way you can file chargebacks in case you are ever scammed.
 
LOL, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...........good chance it is a duck. Trust that feeling that it is a scam.
 
If you read the posting, it is for a rental.

He is simply using ebay to advertise his rental for a day which is probably not even allowed since he is not selling "goods" but then again, I've seen other people sell "time" or "entitlement" but not entirely certain about ebay policies.
 
Back
Top