Great Comprehensive video on FCPX/Motion/Compressor Feature set

Anything Alex Lindsay does is worth watching, in spite of him being a fairly blatant Apple apologist. Having been deeply involved in the effects work of the first Star Wars, he's seen post-production change in a way that few others have. - Tim
 
Thanks for sharing this James! Truly great insight into some of the amazing new features that FCP X offers.

After getting used to the new interface/features and coming to terms with the "missing features", I fell in love with this app. As I mentioned on a previous post, I've used it on several professional jobs that have now gone to air, and couldn't imagine breezing through things in FCP 7 the way that I did in X. My editors have now been training on the new software and are very excited to see where things will go in the future.

It's easy to get wrapped up in all of the hate on these forums, but for those of you that haven't yet watched the above video and are on the fence about FCP X, I urge you to check it out. Give it a fair chance. and if it's not for you than move on.

What I'm looking forward to most is seeing the actual work that "professionals" are producing with FCP X. I can tell you - even in it's early, primitive state my quality of work has improved by using FCP X as it allows me to focus on my creative workflow, rather than a technical one. And this is coming from someone with a very technical background. I judge "professional" work by the quality of the final product, not the tool that was used to get there. If FCP X doesn't work for you in it's current state without OMF, XML, etc. - than that is completely understandable. You can either run FCP 7 until X is where you need it to be, or switch to another editing platform that gives you the tools and comfort that you need.With that said though, if your reasoning for switch is because of the interface, magnetic timeline, or any other NEW innovations in the product - I would suggest that you give it more of a chance. These features might seem scary and different at first, but they are groundbreaking and will shape where NLE goes from here on.
 
I believe anyone who really gives FCPX a shot (and not look for their old workflow in a new software) will never look back. It is so refreshing to use....
 
I believe anyone who really gives FCPX a shot (and not look for their old workflow in a new software) will never look back. It is so refreshing to use....

+1 yep, there is lots of power here when you start looking for it. now if they could just get a few of those missing pieces.

still im starting to feel like apple will get the last laugh on this one in the long run.

this is the best round table discussion so far. they are past the bashing stage and really discussing the potential of what X is. very informative and thanks to the OP for linking this.

david
 
I am loving FCPX and Motion5 as well! It truly is refreshing and I to judge work by final out put not the tool used!
 
Spent the time to learn FCPX. I love it. Was able to piece together a project in not time. Not missing FCP7 at all.
 
Spent the time to learn FCPX. I love it. Was able to piece together a project in not time. Not missing FCP7 at all.

uhm...not missing FCP7, but missing some of its features still.
And with all the heat on Apple they will hopefully bring some earlier than later.
 
Back
Top