Gray Days

I'll review both parts here.

Loved the music all around, especially the guitar riff at the beginning and end of stark nights, but the fades cut off too quickly. I see you had some time issues with the audio editing... so, forgiven.

I also loved the look of it. Gritty and delicious night shots! D90 rocks the house. Makes me want to go shoot...

I was a big fan of "Mr i", and this was a pretty big follow up. I followed the story, but only after seeing stark nights. Nice twist. It felt like a jumbled timeline thing in Gray Days? I wasn't quite sure.

The boss, her father, didn't quite give us that Godfather feeling, and others have mentioned this. Otherwise, some very good performances.

I didn't understand why she shot her man too? Women are crazy, so who knows... :)

Good work!
 
Gray Days/Stark Nights weren't really my kind of films, but I thought they were really well shot. The actors didn't seem believable to me in a number of scenes, which was distracting, and I have seen this sort of story many times before. You had nice production value and you obviously have some talent behind the camera - I would love to see a more original story with some better talent in front of the camera next time.
 
Some of the talent is iffy, well shot though. The D90 has a certain look to it. It stood out to me for some reason.
 
I'm all about the dark and gritty, which these films had in spades. I'm willing to go with Yeehaanow's theory that women are just crazy for explaining her shooting her man too, but overall I wasn't sold with most of the acting. Still looked great!
 
It's LATE, but I made a commitment to watch, rate, and comment on all the films before nights end. At this point, I've only got time to watch & rate, so I'm simply letting you know I've done so for yours.

If you'd like a specific review of your film, please just PM me to catch my attention, and I'd be glad to come back here & post a review. :)
 
I'm looking forward to seeing more of can be done with the D90; there certainly is a lot of grain in this film (too much maybe? I don't know).

I have to admit I couldn't follow the plotline entirely, but I think I got most of it. It looked a bit fake to me when they were beating him up on the ground.
 
Back
Top