Grand Theft Auto - 24p w/sync sound, Sanken cs3-e mic

very nicely done. I was debating whether or not the lack of 24p was a dealbreaker, but after watching this I'm convinced that its a non-issue.
 
No, please don't slap my face every time I see a 24P Converted 5D Piece. Yes, please gimme full resolution file to playback on my end.

LoL
 
Hi guys,

I'm flattered by all the requests for a full-res file...

I don't think you'll be completely happy peeping it, as the test was shot with a vomit inducing variety of non-matching tamrons and nikons... weird slurry bokeh, abbos, color shifts, bizarre blur areas abound... just a scrappy two hours of testing, that's all.

Please just wait for the 'real' version, we're shooting soon, and I promise I'll post a good-looking 720p h264 from my 720p prores final...


re: the audio, I recorded 3 channels, two radio mics, one on each actor, and then the cs3-e as an overhead in 16bit 48khz, and ended up throwing everything out but the Sanken in the end..
The room was enormous but extremely reverberant, and I was still quite pleased with the mic's repsonse, sounded great even on a very loud proximal voice..
 
I'll still take a full res. The one thing that stopped me from getting an MKii last month was the fact that I saw a lot of Low Res files, and when I went to the shop to check it out what I saw output via HDMI playback to a large LCD was less than promising.

But, I see Elton's 1080/30p Snow File and I'm wondering "Well what went wrong in the shop?"

More 1080 !
 
re: the audio, I recorded 3 channels, two radio mics, one on each actor, and then the cs3-e as an overhead in 16bit 48khz, and ended up throwing everything out but the Sanken in the end..

I have two cs3's and usually do a safety set up like you did and usually never need anything other than the CS3 audio. Great mic.

Overall it was pretty good. From a cinematography perspective there were a couple of shots too hot. Didnt like the wide 2p where Niko had his back to Roman. And the reverse side pan either. Some of the initial OTS's were very sweet and the entry shots as well.
 
Kholi, Some guy started a forum, he was french i think, wait that doesnt even matter, he asked if he could have some footage to colour grade, so i uploaded an ungraded version of this for him http://www.vimeo.com/3605060 i think i have some raw clips from this day on my laptop, if i could figure out a way to upload them to the net for you i would, i dont think any net player would play them, my laptop chugs to play them, maybe a file hosting site ? i dont mind giving you the full raw file, i have one clip there you might like bout 77mb let me know if you want it,
 
And yeah i just brought a nikon 50mm 1,4 off ebay to go on the mk2, and i got the nikon mount for a bargain price of £20
 
Kholi, Some guy started a forum, he was french i think, wait that doesnt even matter, he asked if he could have some footage to colour grade, so i uploaded an ungraded version of this for him http://www.vimeo.com/3605060 i think i have some raw clips from this day on my laptop, if i could figure out a way to upload them to the net for you i would, i dont think any net player would play them, my laptop chugs to play them, maybe a file hosting site ? i dont mind giving you the full raw file, i have one clip there you might like bout 77mb let me know if you want it,

hey christian,

you can use my ftp. i would like some raw footage as well. you can upload it then anybody who wants can download it using the following....

ftp.servage.net

login: ffwclient
password: ffwclient
 
I was just about to upload it for you, but says wrong pass./ user. one thing i will say however guys if i give you any raw footage, please dont edit it and put it online for the world to see lol., however if it looks awesome, vimeo it with a pass and id like to see it, and if you dont like the footage i post just say and il upload you something else that i have.
 
i was sooo bummed when it ended : / it looked amazing

i'd just also like to say, your demo reel is one of the best i've ever seen.
 
Looks fantastic! We used Brian in the feature we shot last year. Excellent for Roman.

Kegan
 
Last edited:
No, its not online yet - we had an initial screening of what turned out to be our rough cut, got some great feedback and are going to implement it in the next little while. Still don't have a target finish date though.

The 5D is hopefully going to be my purchase this month actually, once I sell my XH-A1 and other gear. I think I've outgrown the XTi a bit and while a great camera, I think its time to upgrade my still camera...nice that it has video too, but I'm well aware of its limitations.

Thanks again Matthew - looking forward to seeing great stuff from you as well,

Kegan
 
This looks really gorgeous, Matt. Gives me pause regarding my Andro/M2 setup. Looking forward to the full version.
 
Back
Top