Good Size for Poster

Dangitskang

Active member
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a poster for my TimeFest entry but I'm not sure what size the poster should be. Right now I have 27" by 40" as the default, but its way too big.

I'm just wondering the sizes that you guys used for your posters

Thanks
Kang
 
Click my banner in my sig, which will take you to my thread, and look at my poster there.

I think that's a bout a good size for the average poster.
 
typically, 27"x40" is the standard size for a theatrical poster, so just down size the aspect ratio from there. at 72dpi, i find 486x720 to be a good size... like these...

wk_sky_poster.jpg


postered2.jpg
 
Thanks guys.

I'll have a poster and a thread up for you guys pretty soon. I didn't want to put up a thread without having a poster.
 
Yea, Zak's right ... and that's the dimensions I used (just went back and checked).

I design it at 27"x40" 300 dpi. Then I reduce it to 72dpi and set the height dimension to 1024px (with forced aspect ratio turned on, so it autosets the width). Then that is what I post.
 
Zak...those are some looking posters, I enjoyed the trailer to White Knuckles as well. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
 
if anyone intends to print at full size, i would actually size it at 27.5"x40.5", giving a .25" bleed on each side.
 
Zak, I don't think I've ever really expressed strongly enough how much I admire and appreciate the quality that you consistently bring to every single graphic element that SABI puts out there. Your compositions are without exception beautiful. Damn, I don't think anyone is as consistent as SABI at maintaining graphic quality.

Consider me a big fan, man. Seriously.
 
Back
Top