going to HD

scorsesefan

Veteran
I own a DVX100a and it has been fine as I work for a dot tv. I would love to upgrade to an HVX200, but I want to time it right. Panasonic looks like it is trying to move the 200's off the shelf to make way for 200a's and the 170. I plan to buy new, so should I wait for the A or take advantage of the 200 deals? Any opinions?
thanks
 
The A is available now, no wait. What do you shoot? If you're doing corporate work and can make money with HD now then get a 200a now. I wouldnt bother with the 200. You save like $400 but I'd rather have the new chips than the discount. If you can wait until the end of the year (rough guess), I'd go for the 170. Little features like the waveform monitor, and the reduced size and weight make it alot more practical than the hvx200a IMO. But if you have HD gigs lined up now get the 200a now. You could pay it off before the 170 even came out, sell the 200a and upgrade. Best of both worlds that way :)
 
Back
Top