GH3 GH3 software issues

I got a GH3 last week and pretty soon ran into hardware/software issues.

The biggest issue I had was with the flash that couldn't be closed. I thought this was a hardware problem and to send a new camera in to be repaired isn't to funny. But when I did a camera reset the problem disappeared. Another issue I had was that I couldn't get the flash to activate unless in some modes like P and C. This also went away with a camera reset.

My only conclusion is that there are several software bugs to be worked out by Panasonic. I've also heard about buttons not working so there might be more bugs than I've discovered.
 
Um...how does software prevent the flash from closing? Seems like that more of a mechanical issue that anything else.
 
I had a very similar issue with my original GH3. I sent it in and they replaced the entire camera after several weeks of waiting. I was told that it was a flash sensor issue and that they didn't have the parts to replace it on hand at that time. Did you send your camera in?
 
I haven't sent my camera in but after the reset it works fine. Before the reset I moved the locking device a few times and then it would close the flash and after a few days I figured it couldn't be a hardware issue. The reset also solved another problem I had - the camera went into sleep in the middle of me fiddling with settings so there were a few things that made me to reset the camera.

These issues can occur again maybe but I see no hardware fault as of now. The reset took care of to many things to be related to the hardware.
 
NOTE: Panasonic is releasing a new GH3 firmware at the end of this month, which should help to fix a bunch of things.
 
I managed to replicate the flash issue.

If I turn on electronic shutter the flash wont fire and it wont close. If I turn of the electronic shutter I still couldn't get the camera to close the flash. But when I did a reset AND removed the battery for a few seconds I could close the flash. So somehow when I engage the electronic shutter, in combination with some other settings, the flash wont close. After the reset I could turn on and off electronic shutter and the flash closed just fine. So my conclusion is that some settings in combination with the electronic shutter on/off triggers the bug. Next time it happens I'll try to remove the battery first and see if that's enough or if I have to reset and remove the battery again.
 
I find that closing the flash is a little tricky. You don't just push the top of the flash down, you have to push down and force a back slide of the bottom of the flash lid in order for the flash to close. I had a feeling something was wrong the first time I did this. I have not had any hardware nor software issues with my GH3... Al
 
What you are describing indicates a hardware malfunction. I would simply send it in for repairs with detailed instructions on how to duplicate the issue. It you can return it to the store that you bought it from I would do that first.
 
If it were a hardware fault the flash wouldn't close at all and when I engaged the electronic shutter that wouldn't have influenced the behaviour of the flash. Pretty obvious to me it's a bug in the software trigged by certain settings. Since the last reset everything works. I've ran into the exact same thing three times now, each time after enabling the electronic shutter.
 
Back
Top