GH1 Dynamic Range Results (in video mode) & other stuff

It would be interesting to see a split screen test of the kit lens and a different prime lens at the same focal distance to see how each compares.
 
If a GH2 drops you'll definitely see me with one. I hope all this noise being made over the camera tips Pana's Still division off to improving the camera on the next iteration.
 
Yeah i just bought a bunch of Fd's too 24mm f2, 28mm, 35mm, and 50mm for less than one auto lens from anyone. and they are relatively fast. Got my Peleng 8mm with adapter to m4/3. waiting on the pancake 20mm 1.7 and I'll also be good when the 24mbs GH2 comes out in 4 months or so, if the GH1 sells.

I've read the peleng is really soft. I just got a sigma 15mm fisheye for mine but I'd like something wider that isn't too soft.
 
I've read the peleng is really soft. I just got a sigma 15mm fisheye for mine but I'd like something wider that isn't too soft.

Theres a guy that put one on the G1 and his pics didn't look soft to me. Theres a rear element with the lens and using it with or without might make a difference. Either way its a cheap lens that has served well if it crosses over great if not, there will be other solutions.
 
all it needs is AVC-intra or 2K, a bit more dynamic range,HDMI out, an f/2 HD lens and foegeddabout the red one.
 
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!


It's pathetic if you ask me................




Pappas

No one is pushing for a GH2 already. Its just inevitable that it will come. Canon went from Hf10 17mbs to Hf11 24mbs in 3 to 4 months. Thats all. You're reading too much into a throwaway comment. I'm happy that the Gh1 is here in any form.
 
The GH1 is exactly what I need for my first feature. But the specs I mentioned are what I'm gonna need for my epic. All I need to do now is make the script worthy
 
all it needs is AVC-intra or 2K, a bit more dynamic range,HDMI out, an f/2 HD lens and foegeddabout the red one.

It still amazes me how much people forget about everything else that goes into a camera other then the image quality. I'm sure your statement applyies to you but you cannot say it like it is a blanket covering everyone's needs.

What about timecode?
What about audio?
What about support for external equipment (mattbox FF, etc)?
What about genlock?
What about >60fps?
What about scopes?
What about metadata input?

And there is so much more.
 
can live without/work around all of those, variable frame rate would be cool though. It's a $1500 camera.
 
No one is pushing for a GH2 already. Its just inevitable that it will come. Canon went from Hf10 17mbs to Hf11 24mbs in 3 to 4 months. Thats all. You're reading too much into a throwaway comment. I'm happy that the Gh1 is here in any form.

Canon? Psht.....
 
GH2 petition! :D

All kidding aside, I've pretty much decided to get one of these when they come out.
 
What about timecode?
What about audio?
What about support for external equipment (mattbox FF, etc)?
What about genlock?
What about >60fps?
What about scopes?
What about metadata input?
yeah what about it? i come froma film background and have rarely used any of these features in a camera, except "external equipment" but what cameras don't support that? a tripod mount is all you need to mount the camera to rods and from there you can build indefinitely. timecode would be very nice for sure but you can always use a timecode slate and add it in post with apple cinema tools or similar. i don't think anyone was implying that the camera is complete for everyone and for everything, just for what some or most of us need it for. i'm sure some people need a camera that makes coffee too, i mean some supposedly need in-camera scopes desperately, which for me is just as ridiculous. ;-)

/matt
 
Back
Top