GH1 and Nikon d5000 Stills

It is an interesting read but I think its hard to judge one sensor to another with different lenses.

Now if they put identical lenses on each camera and did the test that would be much more informative.
 
My GH1 does seem a bit softer than the old G1 did for stills.

Maybe I should try the same lens on both my G1 and GH1 to see if it's the camera.
 
Wow, I sure wouldn't call the stills I'm getting with my GH1 'soft'. I view many of them on my 60" plasma and they're really very sharp & well saturated. 8X10 enlargements also come out tack-sharp. I think if the pictures were much more saturated, they wouldn't look photographic at all.

It seems other reviews I've read on the GH1 don't tend to call it soft & desaturated. But regardless, you have so many picture quality controls, you can sharpen, saturate etc. It may just be that the camera is providing less in-camera sharpening than some. It seems the Nikon is doing some in-camera sharpening.

I had the D60, but returned it when I knew I was going to get the GH1. The GH1 takes much better pictures than the D60 IMO. Of course you also have the video capability.
 
Back
Top