GH1(3) vs. 7D (again)!

I covered up the bottom of the screen in order to make my determination 'blind'. It was very obvious which had the better picture. Definitely the GH1.


I'd love to see an ISO 400, 800 & 1200 version of this test.
 
Hi guys,

First post here! Thanks for embedding my video. After getting the GH1 I was so impressed with the video image quality that I had to put together a quick comparison!

Still loving the camera. I'm hoping to try out some C-mount lenses on it at some point. I really need to get hold of somthing with a nice wide aperture.
 
I might try to put together a high iso test at some point. I have tested them out and I find that the noise at iso 1600 is perhaps a tiny bit less annoying on the 7d. It's got more banding on the GH1.

What makes it unfair though is that the GH1 is brighter at iso 1600 when compared with the 7d. In fact iso 1250 on the GH1 is almost as bright as iso 1600 on the 7d!
 
bradleysteenkamp yes it has been said here before the GH1 ISO is actually a lot more sensitive than other cams so that 300 on another DSLR is really 100 on GH1 or someting along those lines.

Canons aren't even competition I want to see this same test GH13 vs. Red 1
 
Back
Top