Full 1080 stuff to DL anywhere?

Kholi

Section Moderator
Anyone know where to get some FUll 1080 compressed very well at?

I went to finally play with a 5D and wasn't impressed with the HDMI out playback at all. It had this odd oil paint effect that I can't decide whether the HDMI was responsible for, the camera or the actual SONY LCD that was in Sammy's.

I turned the sharpening to 0 on camera, helped a little but not enough to sway me into putting money down right on the spot.

Looking for some 1080 Files to playback from my PC to my Samsung LCD. Please deliver! Hehe
 
Agreed. And a lot of other file hosting services, as well.

I love what I've been seeing on the net and I want to assume that the LCD that I saw the footage output too was just setup very poorly (which is often the case).

1080 or 720 works. The more raw and untouched the better!
 
Damn Kholi! I saw the thread title and was like... "Nice! Kholi shot some stuff and is hosting it up uncompressed!" :)

Cool, I too add my name to the hat of those looking for uncompressed 5d2 footy.
 
LoL Kenn, Nah, just huntin'. You got an email, by the way!

Thanks for the 1080 link, Daniel, checking it now.

Edit here: The clip's overall resolution looks much better than what I saw output to the LCD in the store... just it's out of focus I think. NOthing's actually "in focus". Dunno if that's because of the pan or what, but it's hard to look at.

Nevertheless, that's what I want to see. Some high-res stuff. I'll go over to DVinfo to see what's floatin' around.
 
I have a clip uploading to vimeo right now. I'll post a link (QT download is enabled) when it's ready.

It's just some stuff out in the snow on ATV's.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know where to get some FUll 1080 compressed very well at?

I went to finally play with a 5D and wasn't impressed with the HDMI out playback at all. It had this odd oil paint effect that I can't decide whether the HDMI was responsible for, the camera or the actual SONY LCD that was in Sammy's.

I turned the sharpening to 0 on camera, helped a little but not enough to sway me into putting money down right on the spot.

Looking for some 1080 Files to playback from my PC to my Samsung LCD. Please deliver! Hehe
Were you using the live feed from the camera when looking on the LCD using the HDMI output? If so that could be your problem. The LCD output when recording is not the same at the LCD output when playing back.

With that said, I have some footage I could upload but it was taken during an ice skating show and I was trying to keep the skaters in focus on a long lens.

http://www.vimeo.com/3355470

I have the camer right here. I'll go shoot something and post it. Any requests?
 
Yeah, I heard about the live feed thing. I honestly think it really WAS the actual HDMI feed being not-so-impressive because a lot of the footage I play back from my PC to the 46" Samsung looks quite delicious.

I just noticed you're not too far from me. Maybe I should see about using your 5D in the near future on a rental or something!

Whatever footage you have to post, please do so. I'm interested in lowlight indoors especially.
 
Yeah, I heard about the live feed thing. I honestly think it really WAS the actual HDMI feed being not-so-impressive because a lot of the footage I play back from my PC to the 46" Samsung looks quite delicious.

I just noticed you're not too far from me. Maybe I should see about using your 5D in the near future on a rental or something!

Whatever footage you have to post, please do so. I'm interested in lowlight indoors especially.
My wife and I were planning on doing a comparison test this Sunday. If you want to bring your HPX170 or RED those would be cool to add to the mix. We're getting an HMC150 to compare.
 
Yeah, I heard about the live feed thing. I honestly think it really WAS the actual HDMI feed being not-so-impressive because a lot of the footage I play back from my PC to the 46" Samsung looks quite delicious.

I just noticed you're not too far from me. Maybe I should see about using your 5D in the near future on a rental or something!

Whatever footage you have to post, please do so. I'm interested in lowlight indoors especially.
Okay. I did it.

I just posted unadulterated RAW footage straight from the 5D Mark II shot with a Canon 85mm f/1.8. No editing. No color correction. I shot it and uploaded it. Granted, it took a few hours to upload but it just finished and here you go.


PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS

http://www.shadowcellseries.com/dvxuser/MVI_5036.MOV - 156MB
http://www.shadowcellseries.com/dvxuser/MVI_5037.MOV - 150MB
http://www.shadowcellseries.com/dvxuser/MVI_5038.MOV - 123MB
http://www.shadowcellseries.com/dvxuser/MVI_5040.MOV - 101MB


Kenn - That would be great. We'll be doing it in Van Nuys. Maybe we'll grab some actors or models to shoot.
 
Late response on my end!!! But thanks! I'll DL these when I get home.

I would have taken you up on the offer today... but I hadn't checked the boards since you last posted, was out doin' some shootin'. Would have been a nice chance to try out the MKII as well... doh.
 
Thanks for those that posted.

StormFactory -- the raw 1080 looks extremely good. I'm glad that I didn't buy it when I was going to, but seeing these would have made me go out and grab it asap.
 
Back
Top