I bought this for stills -- and love it.
Now I'm considering using it for video. It shoots 1280x720 at 24 fps. There is control over aperture. In my experience, manually set WB is maintained. It seems there is control over ISO but that is questionable. Shutter speed is left up to the camera and that may or may not be a constant. There is either AF or pre-focusing in MF. Future firmware updates may change these details.
Despite these limitations in video, it does have two big pluses going for it: f/2.0 and a 3-stop built-in ND filter. So, for locked-down shots it has a lot going for it.
I would like to experiment to see if there are unorthodox ways of gaining more control. Is it possible to determine the shutter speed or ISO of video clips? What exactly does exposure compensation control? The camera automatically adjusts exposure in video mode but I want to know how. ISO seems like the most likely answer.
Now I'm considering using it for video. It shoots 1280x720 at 24 fps. There is control over aperture. In my experience, manually set WB is maintained. It seems there is control over ISO but that is questionable. Shutter speed is left up to the camera and that may or may not be a constant. There is either AF or pre-focusing in MF. Future firmware updates may change these details.
Despite these limitations in video, it does have two big pluses going for it: f/2.0 and a 3-stop built-in ND filter. So, for locked-down shots it has a lot going for it.
I would like to experiment to see if there are unorthodox ways of gaining more control. Is it possible to determine the shutter speed or ISO of video clips? What exactly does exposure compensation control? The camera automatically adjusts exposure in video mode but I want to know how. ISO seems like the most likely answer.