FS700 + Odyssey 7q VS. FS7

Got the FS7 now. No rig, no recorder, no sdi cable, no extra batteries, no hassle!

It´s just making my life so much easier I couldn´t imagine it before. And it is also much better for my shoulders, neck and back with a lighter and more flexible system.

Not looking back (except the monitor of O7Q - missing that for sure).

Yeah I would miss having my 7Q too much, I use it as a 2-4input monitor at least as much as a 4k recorder. And I'd miss 4k@120fps buffered too much! And the LUTs and tools in HFR and variable gain modes. And the $2k. Might have to jump on the FS5+7Q though if it is as capable as the fs700+7q.
 
Last edited:
I'm testing with a pre-production FS5 right now and I must say that it is the cutest little camera you ever did see. So tiny you just want to cradle it. I understand from my Sony contacts that some settings of the pre-production models will change with the shipping production units, which I have seen happen before. For instance the FS100 increased dynamic range by more than a stop between pre-production and shipping units. So I wouldn't want to give unfair or inaccurate measurements. But I will say that the camera works quite nicely and plays well with the Odyssey7Q+. When the FS RAW output comes along it will play even better!
 
I cannot comment on any details about FS RAW on the FS5 camera.

Can you comment on whether you know details or if the details are just not available? I'm just concerned that if Sony isn't releasing any info to anyone maybe the RAW option is years out which means I can stop thinking about the FS5. That seems unlikely though since it would seem the implementation is almost definitely nearly identical to the FS700/FS7 and it's just a question of when, how much, and what framerates...
 
Back
Top