FS700 Firmware update!!! For the power zoom that is...

Well, did the update. I hoped (and I am sure I read somewhere), that it would provide a 2x digital zoom on current primes. Nothing for certain, but tried it with the emount 50 and a nikon on a speedbooster, didn't do squat.

I've not been doing much run and gun last few years, yet I found myself on sunday out of town recording outrigger canoes. Way out of practice on that smooth zoom as canoes came close in to the finish, even with a fluid frag head. Could of actually used that zoom (presuming the slowest was slow enough... how slow is not slow enough?).

Had inquired about the unicorn power zoom lens a few times in the last month. No solid availability in oz, though I am sure soon.

Oh. totally forgot. I'm on osx 10.8.2. What a painful update. It needs a 32-bit kernel (not os). Held down 3, 2 on startup (32 bit). Used the command in terminal to start in 32bit. Made no difference. It was only that I had a dualboot 10.6.x kicking around I could actually boot in something doable (its listed as 10.6.x 10.7.x to be fair), even then still had to run the terminal command (didn't check 3,2 in 10.6.x) to restart in 32bit kernel to do the update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3773

Anyway... Maybe you run windoze.... troll... troll... troll..... ;)
 
Last edited:
I have it on order ans was promised by the first. I hope there is Lanc control of focus but I've heard that may not be the case. But I definitely have a need for this Lens.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
 
10.6 should start in 32 bit by just holding down 3 and 2 during startup. I also have an old partition for this very purpose.
 
I doubt that there is a firmware fix for propagation delay. Yeah I hate it too. really makes run and gun difficult...
 
Back
Top