Well, the Sony FS5 has been announced.
http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-camcorders-xdcam/pxw-fs5/overview/
Got an email from Convergent Design today stating that they'll have full support of the FS5. And a future firmware update to the camera will allow RAW recording, which should put it right up with our FS700's. I guess the question is: when is this RAW recording on the FS5 coming?
What do you all think about the FS5? I might have missed it, but i haven't seen a post around here yet. Curious to see if anyone is thinking of it as a replacement for the FS700.
I love that it weighs just barely over 1lb (body only) i could see putting this on the Ronin, as the FS700/7Q combo is quite a work out!
http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-camcorders-xdcam/pxw-fs5/overview/
Got an email from Convergent Design today stating that they'll have full support of the FS5. And a future firmware update to the camera will allow RAW recording, which should put it right up with our FS700's. I guess the question is: when is this RAW recording on the FS5 coming?
What do you all think about the FS5? I might have missed it, but i haven't seen a post around here yet. Curious to see if anyone is thinking of it as a replacement for the FS700.
I love that it weighs just barely over 1lb (body only) i could see putting this on the Ronin, as the FS700/7Q combo is quite a work out!