Fight Scene with DVX

Re: Fight Scene with DVX

I have watched this a couple times on the basic DELL flatscreen and it looks great. Hmmm...

Jason did you by any chance take acid prior to viewing it? No, wait, I got it. Take off the 3D glasses from the SPY KIDS movie. :D
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

Before the shoot, I choreographed a majority of the fight and then storyboarded. I adjusted some of the choreo as I was storyboarding so it would flow better filmically. The boarding took a few hours. When we started shooting, I actually ditched a few dolly shots because the grounding was too uneven for the PVC dolly so I opted for handheld. I tend to like a good mix of both preparation and improvisation.

Some of the dust from the hits were enhanced with weightlifting chalk, it's a classic Hong Kong trick. But some of them were from the ground itself.

The first shot with the clipping on his face was an aesthetic choice. So judge it on that level. ;)

I admit the highlights in the background and clothes could have been better. I forgot to bring the bounce for the shoot. Short of bringing in lights, what could have been done with the DVX to compensate for it. In hindsight, I wonder if raising the master pedestal along with stopping down with the ND would have made it any better. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Bao Tran
www.pov-films.com
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

[quote author=John_Hudson link=board=Clips;num=1063994264;start=0#20 date=09/20/03 at 22:55:06]Jason did you by any chance take acid prior to viewing it?  No, wait, I got it.  Take off the 3D glasses from the SPY KIDS movie.   :D[/quote]

OH, BOY!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

No need to take acid. Just get a little monkey (translated daughter) to mess with your monitor settings prior to viewing. Talk about embarrassing!!!!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

My apologies to all for a HUGE faux pas.

Sir Allen, thanks for the tipoff. John, I'll try to get my daughter to replicate the settings for those that are interested in tripping out or using 3D glasses on the cheap. ::)

Humbly eating crow :-/,

J
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sigh...

Yes, I too am aware of the lil' monkey (my son who is 3.5, yeah, I said 3.5) and even too funny, I refer to my son (Jared) as my lil' monkey.

I often sit down and try to write w/ MM2000 and in comes my boy who has to touch everything (saving is a minute to minute procedure)

No need to eat Crow ;)
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

Very nicely done

-the fights are very dynamic
-the stunt work is incredible
-the sound effects and music is right on
-The camera work incredible
-the quality of video is amazing
-the fight choreography is good

Two comment, normal viewers probably want even notice but when you do a martial arts movie your target audience is going to be mostly martial artists which are very picky. And the main goal in every martial art movie is to make a fight look as realistic as possible. The two comments are; the elbow looks like it does not go through, it stops dead on before it hits the stuntman. Suggestions: Go slower or change the angle. Another one was the stick takedown. It just does not look right. Here I would use different camera angle or zoom it out little bit more. It was a nice move all together.

When it comes to the look, I think one of the guys above was right, there is a little bit too much of a blue. It is hard to tell and I would say that it works well in this case. I would not change it. Actually, I really love the look they had in Matrix and Underworld and that was way bluer...

Which Martial Art was it? It had looked a lot like Filipino Martial Arts. Am I right? Me my self, I have 23 years of experience in 30 different systems, mainly Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Art, Wing Chung, Chi Na, Chi Gung, Aikido, Thai Boxing, Savat, ...
I had purchased recently my DVX100 mainly to shoot fight scenes. Did not get much chance yet, but I am working on it...
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

[quote author=X3M link=board=Clips;num=1063994264;start=25#27 date=09/24/03 at 05:09:37] Me my self, I have 23 years of experience in 30 different systems, mainly Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Art, Wing Chung, Chi Na, Chi Gung, Aikido, Thai Boxing, Savat,... [/quote]

I've seen alot of Jackie Chan movies...

:D
 
Re: Fight Scene with DVX

[quote author=John_Hudson link=board=Clips;num=1063994264;start=25#27 date=09/24/03 at 08:30:12]

I've seen alot of Jackie Chan movies...

:D
[/quote]

How about Adam, from the way he moved... Again good job, I wish I could borrow your stuntman. :D
 
Back
Top