FD Lenses

Brandon Freeman

Well-known member
When I first started dabbling in 35mm adapters for my XH-A1, I accumulated a couple of old FD lenses that are decently fast. A 2.8 28mm, a 1.8 50mm, a 1.8 85mm, and a 3.5 135mm.

When I transitioned over to the Canon 7D, I was disappointed to find that there was no support for the FD lenses anymore, and any adapters I could find would either cost me infinite focus, or optical quality due to another piece of glass.

Would I be able to use my old Canon FD lenses in conjunction with an AG-AF100? Or are these fast, sharp little guys just out of luck?
 
Philip Bloom says he's not thrilled with the FD lenses because of the extra piece of glass in the adapter which softens the image. Too bad, that FD 85 1.8 is a great lens. I'd put it up against most anything. ...and yes you'll need an adapter.
 
I use one made by Jinfinance and have had zero problems with it on several FD lenses - including the old breechlock mount.
 
Back
Top