favorite cam

favorite cam


  • Total voters
    151
Well first of all there is a difference beween a working model camera and a prototype.

Of the cams thats out today hvx has produced the best footage, but of course the SI could be a real nice filmmaking camera, the red is out of the pricerange to really be a indycam for my budget (not that hvx or SI wouldnt hurt my wallet aswell)

But the 1920*810 40fps SI option can really be what have me sold on this cam. If they only could put it in a fieldadapted shell.
 
MovieSwede said:
Well first of all there is a difference beween a working model camera and a prototype.

Of the cams thats out today hvx has produced the best footage, but of course the SI could be a real nice filmmaking camera, the red is out of the pricerange to really be a indycam for my budget (not that hvx or SI wouldnt hurt my wallet aswell)

But the 1920*810 40fps SI option can really be what have me sold on this cam. If they only could put it in a fieldadapted shell.

How are you MovieSwede?

I hope all is well with you. :-)

I was wondering if you could please elaborate a bit more on exactly what you mean on a "fieldadapted shell."
 
Favorite brand is odd poll -- what does that really mean? I voted SI, even though we have a good relationship with most of the companies listed. However SI is the first camera vendor to ship our compression and they are great to work with.
 
This poll is meaningless.

"Vote for which non-existent camera has created the most hype in your mind."
 
hemophilia said:
This poll is meaningless.
I don't agree. It's very interesting to understand the people mind around.

The Panasonic favorite here in its home it's not a surprise. But for example, the outsider Silicon Imaging is. My vote was in both directions: SILICON & RED (my favorite as non-major brands, of course!) ah!...They get me and I would forget that I'm a brand agnostic.

"Vote for which non-existent camera has created the most hype in your mind."
Yeah, I agree but that's the way as it is. The major brands are doing the same as far as possible. Always did, always will.
 
Last edited:
I don't understand how Red is even an option. It sounds very nice and everything but it doesnt exist yet... I mean really, show me the footage! Why dont we have a "favorite president poll" and put me down for Hillary Clinton! :) Let's see what the future brings, but until then......eh?
 
New Poll

New Poll

Would anyone like to start a new poll:

Which camera/model generates your favorite image quality and workflow?

or

If you had to shoot a indie project starting in the next few months, which model would you like to use (within your indie budget)?
 
stephenlnoe said:
Hmnn..

A poll of favorite camera's on DVXuser that is dedicated to Panasonic and Red.
even if i voted silicon imaging and red.. and if so as you are saying why will it be? maybe jvc's 720p can be.. under res and démodé?..



edit

btw, i posted thread-banners all over the brand forums here represented.. if the public (!) votes (not secret ones!) are going in this direction i declare that i'm innocent.. :engel017:

any complain must be adressed to the respective manufacturers.. also those reasons why RED and SILICON IMAGING are there as fave brands even if the camera doesn't exist YET or if it is just a prototype..
 
Last edited:
ESTEBEVERDE said:
How are you MovieSwede?

I hope all is well with you. :-)

I was wondering if you could please elaborate a bit more on exactly what you mean on a "fieldadapted shell."

The pictures ive seen one the spun footage have shown a small cameraunit with lots of cables on the outside. Not sure how the final camera will look, but the dvx/hvx and even the xl1hd have nice shell thats looks like it could survive a Saving Private Ryan recording.

If you shoot docs and so on thats very important.
 
Although I do doubt Red's timetable, I do not doubt the camera. I am just saying dont count your chickens until they hatch
or is it "before" they hatch? Either way you get my point. I hope RED comes about, I'll sell my kidney for one.:)
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking SI must bring the 2k as soon as possible in order don't lose the customers interest. Mostly because its September schedule when RED will be available soon. I guess this April-September gap and the waiting for the new processors it was a SI strategy error. If Spoon is flowing why September? RED is there and it wouldn't be nice to see SI as a non-option when RED offers 4k/2k and SI just 1080p.
 
Back
Top