I know Letus is working on a 1/3" relay lens, but I can only assume that it will be in the same price range as the EX3 relay (quite expensive).
I was thinking that, as an inexpensive alternative to the Letus relay, one could use an F-mount to 1/3" Bayonet adapter (such as this one made by Mike Tapa) with a fast prime lens of the appropriate focal length (if one exists) as a relay between the DOF adapter and the camera.
Has anyone tried this, or the equivalent solution on an EX3 or similar? If this is feasible, it seems like a good way to gain an extra bit of light and reduce the overall size of the HPX300+DOF rig, at a much lower cost (<$1000) compared to the Letus relay (>$4000)
Thanks,
Max
I was thinking that, as an inexpensive alternative to the Letus relay, one could use an F-mount to 1/3" Bayonet adapter (such as this one made by Mike Tapa) with a fast prime lens of the appropriate focal length (if one exists) as a relay between the DOF adapter and the camera.
Has anyone tried this, or the equivalent solution on an EX3 or similar? If this is feasible, it seems like a good way to gain an extra bit of light and reduce the overall size of the HPX300+DOF rig, at a much lower cost (<$1000) compared to the Letus relay (>$4000)
Thanks,
Max