Face detection not working

ebsseattle

Active member
I have an FS700 with an LA-EA2 adapter and a Sony Alpha 16-50mm lens. Using the menu, I can't get the camera to do face detection. It's always greyed out, but from my understanding, having the Alpha lens with this adapter should allow me turn it on. Any ideas?
 
As far as I understand face detection only works with native E-Mount lenses like the 18-200.
But I never used that adapted alpha stuff...
 
Reading online, supposedly it works with the Alpha lenses as well as long as you use the LA-EA2 adapter. I just can't figure out why it doesn't.
 
update?

did you get face detection to work with the ea2 adapter?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions/nyc
 
There is 'face detection' auto focus, and there is 'phase detection' auto focus. The first one works on E mount lenses.
The second one works on A Mount lenses with the LA-EA2 adapter.
 
I received a FS700RH today with E-Mount 18-200 lens and FACE detection greyed out for me too. ?? Any help welcome.
 
Back
Top