External power for your GoPro Hero 4 Black & Long Timelape

tokun1

Well-known member
Hello,

I have the GoPro Hero 4 Black and I'm looking for suggestions on how to shoot an extra long timelapse, like time lapse for days, I will need to plug it in to the wall but not sure how to do that. In addition to plugging it in, I'm also looking for recommendation for a good external battery power source to power the camera for extra long timelapse videos full day.

Thanks for the help!
 
I swear by this RAVpower 6700mAh power bank. This specific brand has worked better than others. It runs a GoPro for about 4 hours (4K video) when plugged in via USB. It's $13 and works great: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAV...523847101&sr=8-8&keywords=ravpower+power+bank

They make bigger ones. Do the math and I bet you could figure out how long it would run. Not sure if a photo time-lapse would make the battery last longer - probably? I also have the GoPro Hero 4 Black so maybe I could run a test with a photo every minute and see how the power bank performs.
 
Great, is there a way to plug it into a wall, or ac adapter of some kind?..thanks for the reply Nate!
 
I did not realize you can just plug it in via the usb charger, thanks for the info!...Have you ever left the gopro going for over 48 hours?...I know they tend to shut off when they get hot.
 
Tokun...if the camera is in a protected area, put it in a "Frame" bracket to keep it cool. Or get a "skeleton" back for mild moisture protection that still lets the GoPro breathe a bit.
 
Back
Top