exporting with visual time code

applying timecode to the entire timeline?

applying timecode to the entire timeline?

Thank you Mikko! I find it ironic that I tried searching the Adobe technical help for an answer and came up empty (very frustrating dealing with them) and you were able to answer me so fast all the way from finland!

Is there a way to apply the effect to the entire timeline without having to put it over each individual shot? I was not able to figure out how to do this.

Thanks again for your help. It is much appreciated! -Linn
 
Is there a way to apply the effect to the entire timeline without having to put it over each individual shot? I was not able to figure out how to do this.

I can only think of 2 ways to do this:

1) Make a completely empty title. Put it on a track above all the others over your entire timeline, and apply the TC effect to that.

2) Nest your main sequence inside a seperate sequence. Then your "main" sequence will be a single clip that you can ad the TC effect to.



There is no direct way to overlay the TC effect over all clips in a sequence at once. (I wish there was.)

- Mikko
 
I was able to do the first suggestion! Excellent. I am thrilled. Thanks again, much appreciated!

best regards,
Linn
 
You can also create a piece of Transparent Video to apply the TC effect. Right click in the project window, and select New Item > Transparent Video. Drag this on to you timeline above all other active tracks, like with suggestion #1 above, and trim it out to cover the whole sequence. Put the TC effect on the transparent video clip, again as mentioned above. It'll achieve the very same result; I just find it quicker and cleaner to use the transparent video function.
 
Is "Transparent Video" available in Pro 2.0? I can't remember if it is or if it's only in 3.0?

I wonder which (Trans.Video or Title) renders faster?



Though if you use a Title, you can actually add stuff to the title, like a logo or a discrete serial number or other data for tracking/archiving/etc.


- Mikko
 
ok, yes, transparent video is available in 2.0 and I was able to achieve the same result. It is nice that when using a title, you can add copyright info, logo, etc.

thanks !
 
Back
Top