End Is Near - Promo Trailer

TheReverend

Well-known member
http://vimeo.com/m/#/16233584

Haha, some classic DVX100b footage here! We have a series at www.crossing-church.com called "The End Is Near". Made this short Blair witch-esqe trailer. Thought I'd share cause I love it, classic DV.

Small color grading, shot at night with an on camera LED light. Standard DVX mic as well. Went with the simple setup to retain the Blair Witch/handycam feel.

And used DVX because I felt ok dropping it, unlike our HPX170s! :)
 
I thought the promo was good. Watched one of the End is Near sermons too, those look absolutely beautiful. Can't say I was particularly thrilled by the content, but from a quality and presentation perspective, it looks really fantastic. Shot with HPX 170s?
 
I thought the promo was good. Watched one of the End is Near sermons too, those look absolutely beautiful. Can't say I was particularly thrilled by the content, but from a quality and presentation perspective, it looks really fantastic. Shot with HPX 170s?
Yeah, we do church differently, and some people don't like it that way for various reasons. And that's cool, we are who we are :)

As to the service video yes, HPX170s on Cam 1 and 2. Only DVX100 on the Kesser KC-Lite crane and dolly. We want to get a couple more HD cams, one for the crane and one for shoulder mount walk around. Considering an AF100 for that. HPX170s are legit! Switching with a Panasonic HS50 and recording HDSDI to ProResLT via Blackmagic Decklink and Mac Pro.
 
Actually, stylistically speaking, I vastly prefer this sort of church to the "let's all sit in pews and mumble quietly" style. It's easy to see why people would come to a service like this, your pastor is quite charismatic. Personally, I disagree with pretty much everything he's saying, but there's no point in arguing about faith. In any event, there's nothing to argue about in terms of how great those videos look. I haven't had my DVX that long, and I'm poor, so I'll be having it (and nothing else) for a good long while yet, but watching these videos made me drool.

I used to have a consumer HD cam (sony hdr hc5, till the POS broke for the third time and I decided not to bother fixing it), and I admit I do miss the HD sharpness. Just not the shitty colors, lack of 24p, lack of manual focus, lack of proper audio inputs, etc. etc. etc. :). But looks like the HPX170 is has got all that stuff d more going on. Maybe I'll hit the lottery one of these days :)
 
Back
Top