Ena's Haven

jambredz

Veteran
I havent posted a vid in a while...but here's a little project i'm working on. I just got AE so i used it for this...still trying to get the hang of it ( has me goin crazy). I have NO idea whats up with the interlacing cuz i shot 24p and edited on a 24ptimeline then out that sequence in AE from premiere...and exported 24p. so I have no idea...and also i dont know how to uprezz from AE. I usually uprezz my stuff when i use premiere...so those 2 things suck!! this is just kinda an idle edit trying to get to know AE..the sound is shoddy but i cudnt bother to fix it. oh this was all handheld :)...soo..yah

anyway...enjoy

http://vimeo.com/9002381 password: dvxcity

if anyone wants to help me out with my issues..i'm all ears.
 
Last edited:
Yeah man, long time no vid!
And it's a nice one! Barely noticed the interlacing on a couple of movement shots, though I'm sure it's frustrating given your 24p workflow.

Can't help you with your "issues" (ha ha) or AE, but my thoughts? (wait, you didn't ask for them, did you?)...

Nice titles!
What sound problem? Didn't notice any.
Cool stream shots, you mixed the smoke in with them?
Nice crane up from the grass @ 1:22
Pretty wall DOF shot @ 1:36
30 seconds from "A place..." to "...are restored" is a little long to connect those thoughts, to me at least.
Great stuff of the kids riding, and the father's face!
Really nice shot of the foot in the hand @ 3:40!
Should the last title be "Helping horses" not "Helping horse's"?

Loved the color.
Really nice project man, seems like a cool operation, thanks for sharing.
 
hey Chuck ..."wadup!" (jamaican for wsup :D )
yeh that end bit isnt supposed to be horse's...i noticed that after it went up lol...couldnt bother changing it since its an idle thing for now.

I appreciate the shot breakdown!
Yes i mixed in the smoke with the river shots to make it seem like mist/fog and add a more dreamy fanstasy look to it. The "crane" shot..lol..when i learn how to stabilize it in AE then it will look like a crane shot lol.

Yes i did wonder about the linking of the titles as you said...but i guess since i knew it in my head i didnt take it into consideration much...so good looking out on that.
The colour on this one was a really different apprach as i tend to do the contrast look...but i think this worked out well. i liked the look.

thanks again. Oh...i just got a hoodman for my LCD and i really helped me that day. I know u have urs :D

this is a really nice project to work on...all volenteer stuff. my friend came to me with the story and i liked it.
 
Yeah, I think the look worked very well for the subject.
Do you remember your scene files, and how much was done in post?

What's the music?

The smoke/water was great for the dreamy effect- great idea!
 
went for the dvx and this is what i think it was for this shoot.

detail -3
v detail -1
detail coring +5
chroma level +6
chroma phase 0
color temp -3
master ped -8
gamma b press
matrix cinelike
v detail thin
24p

I graded it with Magic bullet looks. no presets...a custom colour grading I cooked up with some experimenting. nice little program.
The music is from video copilot "pro scores" that i have. If u go on the site videocopilot.net and go to the "products" section they have some dvd's for sale.
 
Back
Top