Olaf99
Active member
I've had my DVX 1.5 years and I've gotten much better at getting just the look I want. Now I am getting into color grading and am rethinking my approach.
My goal has been to get away from noisy footage so I've used scene file and other settings to crush my blacks. My question is does this defeat the purpose of having a camera with a good amount of dynamic range? I'm starting to think I should shoot with a higher range and then do all the crushing etc in post. Am I on the right or wrong track???
Settings (for most of my work):
Gain set to low
Detail level: -4
V Detail: 0
Detail Coring: +7
Chroma lev -7
Chro phase 0
Color temp 0
Master Ped -6
Gamma Cinelike D (sometimes just Cinelike)
Matrix: Cinelike
Skin dtl: on
V detail: thin
24pa
I vary my apertures and use the ND Filters to be able to leave my shutter at 1/48th.
My goal has been to get away from noisy footage so I've used scene file and other settings to crush my blacks. My question is does this defeat the purpose of having a camera with a good amount of dynamic range? I'm starting to think I should shoot with a higher range and then do all the crushing etc in post. Am I on the right or wrong track???
Settings (for most of my work):
Gain set to low
Detail level: -4
V Detail: 0
Detail Coring: +7
Chroma lev -7
Chro phase 0
Color temp 0
Master Ped -6
Gamma Cinelike D (sometimes just Cinelike)
Matrix: Cinelike
Skin dtl: on
V detail: thin
24pa
I vary my apertures and use the ND Filters to be able to leave my shutter at 1/48th.