DVX Brazil

Benjerama

Active member
I was curious if you guys knew anything about the police over in Brazil, i have heard that they are very corrupt and they confiscate things so i was curious if bringing a dvx over to Brazil would be wise.

?


-Ben
 
Brazil has more than 3 million square miles, over 190 million people...

To generalize about an entire country's police force is absurd. Most of the country's police isn't corrupt and actually do what they're paid to do.

Where are you going? Are you shooting in the desert, the rain forest, the slums?

If you're in a bad area, you're more worried about people than the police.
 
I Live in Brazil...

I Live in Brazil...

Tell me more about your ideas and also what exacly you have heard about these confiscation in Brazil.

Maybe, I am not sure, I]You've heard could possible have to be with customer policies when arriving with foreign equipments.

As far I know, if you are a foreign citizen you are allowed to bring eletronics devices if you can prove that they are for your personal use and show the proper invoice.

This is not the same for us Brazilian citizens. We are not allowed to bring foreign equipments higher than $500. If we do that the brazilian government overtax us with a fine that goes from 50 to 75% percent of the price. Can you imagine that! They say that this is for protect our industries. What industries? If we have HDV cameras factories in Brazil I could understand but...

About your question, I can see only problems for you guys if you come to Brazil with equipment without the prove that you are the owners of it. Which you can do easily with the Invoice. But, you know, airports changed a lot after 11-9. Last time I was in Las Vegas airport for the NAB2007 I feel quite here in Home cause the way I was treated by authorities: "Get your shoes out, empty pockets, luggages..." exactly what we face here in Brazil when we are returning from overseas. The difference is that in our case is for taxing matters, not for terrorism. This policies in US airports is completelty understandable also recommended, but about our tax policies...

I hope this help , anything just ask, Cheers
 
I Live in Brazil...

I Live in Brazil...

Tell me more about your ideas and also what exacly you have heard about these confiscation in Brazil.

Maybe, I am not sure, I]You've heard could possible have to be with customer policies when arriving with foreign equipments.

As far I know, if you are a foreign citizen you are allowed to bring eletronics devices if you can prove that they are for your personal use and show the proper invoice.

This is not the same for us Brazilian citizens. We are not allowed to bring foreign equipments higher than $500. If we do that the brazilian government overtax us with a fine that goes from 50 to 75% percent of the price. Can you imagine that! They say that this is for protect our industries. What industries? If we have HDV cameras factories in Brazil I could understand but...

About your question, I can see only problems for you guys if you come to Brazil with equipment without the prove that you are the owners of it. Which you can do easily with the Invoice. But, you know, airports changed a lot after 11-9. Last time I was in Las Vegas airport for the NAB2007 I feel quite here in Home cause the way I was treated by US authorities: "Get your shoes out, empty pockets, luggages..." exactly what we face here in Brazil when we are returning from overseas. The difference is that in our case is for taxing matters, not for terrorism. This policies in US airports are completly understandable also recommended, but about our tax policies...

I hope this help , anything just ask, Cheers
 
My trip to Brazil

My trip to Brazil

I was in Salvador da Bahia. Brazil, shooting a documentary about a huge music festival. I had great experience with Brazilian Police and Brazilian peopple who were beautiful and hospitable.

Declair your list of equipment when you first land at the airport.

Go for it .

Amos Michaeli

www.kmbvision.com
 
Back
Top