DVX-100A for sale: $2,000

ovjamaica

Well-known member
I'm selling my DVX-100A. School started today and funds are low. :( The camera is in great condition. I don't have the exact hours on hand right now but I will post them later tonight. Under 200 hours at most. Camera works perfectly, only one problem with it. The LCD screen is cracked. The camera still works fine. You can view the image just fine through the viewfinder. It records fine in all modes. The FireWire port still works great, as I don't use this camera to capture footage. I don't have pictures on hand at the moment but PM me if you're interested and I can get them for you.

Sale would include the camera, remote, charger and original Panasonic battery, manual, original box. Shipping is included in cost.
 
Last edited:
Just adding some additional information. The camera has 135 hours on it and has only used one brand of tape.

I'm also adding my Pelican 1560 case with foam (already cutout for the DVX100A), and a Bogen tripod. The tripod has a 501 head and 3021BN sticks. All of this for $2000.
 
Tripod would be $240 separately. I got it for just over $300 from B&H less than a year ago. I do have someone interested in it already. Just wanted to let you know.

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as possible. My digital camera broke recently and I just moved so I'm not too close to anyone with a digital camera. But I should be able to get pictures of it on Saturday. I'll post them up as soon as I have them. If anyone has questions let me know.

If anyone wants to buy just the DVX and case I'd do it for $1,800.
 
Tripod is sold. After reviewing finances I'm going to have to sell the camera alone for $1,800. I've got the original box for it, and will ship it in that.
 
Elevation07 said:
did the LCD panel itself crack, as in the plastic that flips out, or did the screen crack and get that leaking look?

The liquid crystal broke. It definitely has that leaking look. It still has power to it, so you get some really funky colors with a definite line separating the two sections where it is cracked. I'll have access to a digital camera this weekend so I'll take pictures of it all so that everyone can see what we're talking about. I've dealt with it for months, it's just a matter of using the viewfinder versus the LCD screen. In a way this has advantages. :D But for handheld moving shots the LCD is a definite plus. I've resorted to an external monitor for most moving shots.

Actually, I may as well throw that in. Anyone wants the whole thing as a bundle we'll say $2,100. That's the DVX100A in its original packaging and a Varizoom 5.5" monitor. This is the particular monitor kit I have. Comes with everything seen here except the post. I purchased a new straight post that doesn't move. I was having more trouble with the stupid swivel post than it was worth. So, that's the latest evolution of this deal.
 
Come on guys? Anybody? I don't want to eBay this thing. Anybody want a low hours, good condition DVX for $1,800?
 
PixelWrangler said:
Dude, broken DVX and a broken digital camera - How are you handling your gear?

Now now. That's not exactly fair. I'll take responsibility for the broken screen. That was my fault. I was just cleaning a fingerprint off and pushed too hard. Could have happened to anyone. My digital camera just decided that it didn't want to extend its lens anymore. It was refurbished to begin with, and was a gift from a friend. So, I can't say that I had great expectations for it in the first place. It still turns on and will work great as a card reader. It will still display pictures from the card as well. Just doesn't want to extend the lens. So before you go mocking me for how reckless I am with my equipment you may want to get the full story.

Also, to help subside the fears of anyone interested in the camera, please let me reiterate that this camera has lived its non-operating life inside of a sturdy Pelican case. I have only used the camera to shoot, never to capture or preview footage. I use my Sony miniDV cam to capture to save the wear on the DVX heads. So don't worry about the condition of the camera. The breaking of the LCD screen is unfortunate, but it also lets anyone get a great deal on an incredible camera. You've still got to admit that a functioning DVX (even without an LCD screen) is a great camera. I'm sure there are plenty of XL2 owners out there that know how to live without an LCD screen. It's not the end of the world if you don't have a flipout screen.

Anyway, I can't lower the price and I still think it's a great deal for what you are getting. A good quality camera with low hours and in good shape. The cheapest DVX I've seen on here that had its LCD screen intact is $2,200. That's $400 more than what I am asking, so I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I'm still open to inquiries and I've had a couple of people mention serious interest in the past day. So if anyone has questions feel free to ask. I'm not afraid to answer any question, however it may be phrased.
 
Back
Top